• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Third Party PDP Quoting Tools

I found this on Connecture's site.

"Easily convert leads to customers with CRM integration.
View your entire lifecycle from sales to enrollment across all distribution channels on one platform when you integrate your SalesForce CRM. One easy-to-use platform to access and manage contacts and customers."

I'm terrible with technology, but that sounds to me like if you integrate Connecture with your CRM, your CRM will contain all the info. They specifically mention SalesForce. I have RadiusBob and I'm not sure if they do(I think they do), I know they can integrate some things like CSG and FexQuotes.

You can print your apps and soa . Scan and download to your crm . But there’s no way to keep the drugs and transfer them to another account within Connecture or like to sunfire . My fmo told me upfront if I ever leave I can’t take my clients to another fmo with Connecture. I remember when I wrote my first client last aep using Med.gov at the clients house . It was so cumbersome goimg threw so many pages . With Connecture I put the drugs in and scan threw the plans in seconds to see what company takes the drugs .

For another alternative, I would like to suggest Search and Save. I recently learned about it and signed up for the free 30-day trial to test drive it, and I plan on keeping it. The attraction for me was the system acts like how Medicare's plan finder used to be. Each client receives an anonymous identifier number so I can save their drug lists for future use. It also includes an electronic SOA feature.

To be clear, I only sell PDP and Medicare supplements, so I can't speak to the MAPD, Provider, and Facility search features. However, I find it very simple to use, has nice drug plan comparisons (CMS compliant) to give to the client, and is affordable, $25 per month.

I don't need a drug finder program with CRM and other fluff. I just want to save the drug lists! The previous program I tried using for Rx searches was cumbersome, around $150 per month, and I dreaded using it.

Search and Save's website is MMQ Search And Save

Looks like Search & Save is owned/managed by Gary Johnson. Is that the same guy that owns JHPinsite?

For another alternative, I would like to suggest Search and Save. I recently learned about it and signed up for the free 30-day trial to test drive it, and I plan on keeping it. The attraction for me was the system acts like how Medicare's plan finder used to be. Each client receives an anonymous identifier number so I can save their drug lists for future use. It also includes an electronic SOA feature.

To be clear, I only sell PDP and Medicare supplements, so I can't speak to the MAPD, Provider, and Facility search features. However, I find it very simple to use, has nice drug plan comparisons (CMS compliant) to give to the client, and is affordable, $25 per month.

I don't need a drug finder program with CRM and other fluff. I just want to save the drug lists! The previous program I tried using for Rx searches was cumbersome, around $150 per month, and I dreaded using it.

Search and Save's website is MMQ Search And Save

I've played around with this system and don't hate it. As a matter of fact, I think the printout is much easier for the client to understand. I just wish there was a way to have a side by side comparison of two plans. I'd also like to be able to see the clients name on the customer list versus the list ID. That would make it easier to quickly pull up a client to run an additional comparison instead of having to find their list ID to run it.

I think I am going to use this system moving forward until my FMO gets their system working properly. This is two AEP's in a row where the data from Sunfire has been inaccurate. Not sure why anybody pays them for their "service".

I've played around with this system and don't hate it. As a matter of fact, I think the printout is much easier for the client to understand. I just wish there was a way to have a side by side comparison of two plans. I'd also like to be able to see the clients name on the customer list versus the list ID. That would make it easier to quickly pull up a client to run an additional comparison instead of having to find their list ID to run it.

I think I am going to use this system moving forward until my FMO gets their system working properly. This is two AEP's in a row where the data from Sunfire has been inaccurate. Not sure why anybody pays them for their "service".
You really need Connecture. They do everything on your wish list.

You really need Connecture. They do everything on your wish list.

Do they provide their services to independent agents (at a reasonable price) or only through an FMO? If only through an FMO, that would require changing FMO's which really can't happen at the moment. Outside of this, I really like my FMO. I was told they are exploring Connecture simply because of the issues with Sunfire. I hope they pull the trigger because I like my FMO. They're just failing on this important feature.

One other interesting thing I found when spot checking Search & Save with medicare.gov, S&S had a price for Pregabalin 100mg capsule of $14.84 for 90 capsules. The price on medicare.gov for the same medication, same plan and same pharmacy was $62.80. Since it's a Tier 3 medication, the Medicare site had it going toward the deductible and a $42 copay after the deductible was met. I ran the same comparison on the WellCare website and they had the price at $14.84.

Had I trusted the Medicare site, I would have advised the client to go with a plan where their total out of pocket costs would have been $616.80 instead of the WellCare plan where their out of pocket will be $380.88.

Do they provide their services to independent agents (at a reasonable price) or only through an FMO? If only through an FMO, that would require changing FMO's which really can't happen at the moment. Outside of this, I really like my FMO. I was told they are exploring Connecture simply because of the issues with Sunfire. I hope they pull the trigger because I like my FMO. They're just failing on this important feature.

One other interesting thing I found when spot checking Search & Save with medicare.gov, S&S had a price for Pregabalin 100mg capsule of $14.84 for 90 capsules. The price on medicare.gov for the same medication, same plan and same pharmacy was $62.80. Since it's a Tier 3 medication, the Medicare site had it going toward the deductible and a $42 copay after the deductible was met. I ran the same comparison on the WellCare website and they had the price at $14.84.

Had I trusted the Medicare site, I would have advised the client to go with a plan where their total out of pocket costs would have been $616.80 instead of the WellCare plan where their out of pocket will be $380.88.
Yes, I've heard several times that Medicare.gov isn't accurate.

Yes the contracts you have with the FMO are the ones that will show up on Connecture, so it's best to have all of your MA/PDP contracts with the FMO who's Connecture you use, Some Med Supp carriers also show up on Connecture. Hopefully your FMO will pick up Connecture. He's missing the boat if he doesn't because most FMO's seem to be offering it.

I don't know if you can subscribe to Connecture as a single agent. It would probably be expensive.

I posted about problems with the Mcare PF on a consumer forum and was ripped by participants. They said they have used the PF for years and never had a problem.

It's one thing to only run one comparison once per year and ASSUME the PF is correct. Quite different when you run 100+ and realize something doesn't look right. Such as when the copay on a standard pharmacy has lower copay's than preferred, same Rx & dosage.

Or when the Rx is subject to the deductible, and on the formulary, yet the PF shows the same copay from the deductible phase to catastrophic.

Ignorance is bliss. These folks must be ecstatic.

Technology won't help when you confuse threw with through. Grammarly might help, but spellcheck says "I got no clue. You are on your own with this one".

Homonyms are a trap.

Back