Tips and Tricks on Saving the Sale!

There wasn't any moving up to do as a tire builder. That was the best job in the plant. As far as pay, that is. It was piece work. You made more by doing more.

They had A, B, C and D workers, A was tops before Foreman. The pay went up and the work went down as you moved closer to A. I never worked piece work, but knew people who did. A good hard worker could make quite a bit more.

----------

That might be a good job for me. I got a weak bladder! I know the the union bargained some breaks for you, but not as many as I need to drain the morning coffee.:no::twitchy:

I hear you, I've got a small bladder. It seems to have gotten smaller over the years. On days that I have appointments, I have to limit myself to 2 cups...1 if it's raining.:laugh:

Since no one has addressed the why, I'll add this.

IMO, cancellations comes from two main sources. 1. They were sold, they didn't buy. 2. They were oversold on the premium.

If you help them understand it and see it as the solution to their problem, they will buy it and you won't be selling it. If they buy it, they own it and they don't care what sister Judy or the next agent to come knocking has to say.

Also, if you sell a premium that is too high for affordability, you are just begging to be cancelled as soon as times get tight, which may be as early as next month.

Yep, us bullshitters have it easy. I've worked in factories before and every now and then I think to myself that I feel sorry for people that have to do that their whole life. And we often make more in a day than they make in a month or 2.

I was a millwright in a paper mill before entering the insurance business. Hot, dirty and at times back breaking work. I can still get out a sell insurance if the mood strikes. There is no way I could physically last a day in the paper mill.

Back