UCT Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

Boourbonlegend, I sell a lot of that Humana plan- its not bad as far as they go. Just FYI, the cleanings and check-ups are 100% without the deductible. Basic services are 50% after the $50.

Major services are PPO discount in network.

Coverage can be a little spotty, so you want to check and see if your dentist is in network if you are married to one.

I have sold about 20 UCT dental, hearing and vision plans to my clients. I'm always being asked about dental coverage. I ended up taking out the plan myself for about $31 a month. I went to the dentist and was charged $75 for a cleaning and $44 for exam. In the first year of the policy UCT is supposed to pick up 60% of the bill. I just got my explanation of benefits from them and they paid $26.40 for the exam (the 60%) and they paid the full $75 for the cleaning.

I was happy to see that they didn't say, usual and customary charges are $30 for an exam and $55 for a cleaning. They used the amount that was actually charged and paid based on that. (Most plans don't seem to do this from what I've read). Also, I did notice in the brochure it would pay for one cleaning a year up to $75. UCT should clarify this. They will pay 100% up to $75. From the brochure, you would have thought 60% up to $75. Needless to say I was pleasantly suprised.

Does anyone know on the vision portion where they will pay up to $150 a year for eye exam or contacts/glasses if thats also covered at 100%? I assumed it was at 60% 1st year, but the wording is similar to the dental cleaning.

I'm glad I took the policy out, the premiums are pretty reasonable for the coverage you get. Just thought I'd pass on this information on if there's other agents out there offering this plan or looking for a good plan for their clients.

I could use something like that. Send me info? [email protected]

Hi Kim, I'm sure there are FMO's on here for UCT dental but I'm not one of them. I'm just letting other agents know about the plan. I'm going to make copies of my explanation of benefits so when I do present the product to my clients, it will show them that I have the policy and I plan on showing them how the plan has worked for me. It's not bad commission wise either, you make 50% commission on this plan

I spend about $1,000 a year just in dental bills (x-rays, fillings, cleanings, exam, etc.) and about $300 on vision a year so I know this is a plan that I'll definitly use. You have to have an eye exam every year to be able to get new contacts at the place I go.

Last edited:
Do you have to use in network providers with UHC?

They have two plans, a value plan that uses network providers and a premium plan that doesn't...some areas don't have the value plan so you would have to do the premium plan. Network discounts are real good.

The UHC dental plan being referred to here is actually the "U65" Dental Premier and Dental Value (network only) from UHO or UnitedHealthOne.

There appears to be no age limit. I was thinking there was, I think because I was confusing it with another U65 carrier, probably Assurant, that maxes out at 70.

The UHO plans are nice except they max out at $1000 benefit per year.

I think a better plan is Humana's C550 plan but it's not available everywhere (not in Michigan, for example). It is a dental HMO and the price and coverage is unequalled but obviously, being an HMO there are no services outside the network.

Back