UCT Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

Hi Kim, I'm sure there are FMO's on here for UCT dental but I'm not one of them. I'm just letting other agents know about the plan. I'm going to make copies of my explanation of benefits so when I do present the product to my clients, it will show them that I have the policy and I plan on showing them how the plan has worked for me. It's not bad commission wise either, you make 50% commission on this plan

I spend about $1,000 a year just in dental bills (x-rays, fillings, cleanings, exam, etc.) and about $300 on vision a year so I know this is a plan that I'll definitly use. You have to have an eye exam every year to be able to get new contacts at the place I go.

Lol, I don't want an FMO I want a policy. I am not an agent anymore, I run a marketing company.

That's a horrible plan. Though all dental plans suck I pay $23/month and have free cleanings with UHC and 80% off minor work. 50% off major with waiting periods.

Humana has a good plan HI215 that is $12.99/month. $15 cleanings, co pays for minor and major work, no deductible and no waiting period
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit: just noticed you said with hearing and vision. It still has to be better if you add it "a la cart"

Are the UHC and Humana plans stand alone plans or a supplementary tied to a Major Medical Plan.
With the plans you're talking about you usually need to see in-network providers. Which alot of seniors don't want to give up their dentist. With UCT you can go to any provider you want.

My cleaning was $75 and they paid $75...so that was at 100% Each year that I keep the plan, they pay more in benefits. 60% 1st year 70% second year, 80% 3rd year and 90% the fourth year and beyond. That's on root canals, crowns, dentures, etc. Also on hearing aids and hearing exams.

The vision benefit pays up to $150 a year. I'm going to call Monday and find out if that's at 100% coverage up to $150 or does the 60% rule apply.

I'm spending money anyways on dental and vision, might as well have a little help with the costs.

I'm not paying that much more a month than you are chazm

you're right though, most plans suck. i use to tell my clients to self insure, but when this plan came out I liked it and took it out myself. If the plan pays 100% up to $75 for a dental cleaning and 100% up to $150 for eye exams or glasses/contacts I think it makes it an even better plan. I'm too young for hearing aids, but I'm sure some seniors would also like the fact that it helps out on the cost.

What does UCT stand for?

Last edited:
Are the UHC and Humana plans stand alone plans or a supplementary tied to a Major Medical Plan.

They are stand alone. I guess the problem with the $12.99 humana plan is that you have to use their dentist. Which for me, I wouldn't care. I don't have a particular dentist. I have UHC right now and the plan is good, no complaints yet.

I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to write dental plans but when I'm in a home and a client is losing their group dental and going on to Medicare it's easy for me to show them they can get a dental plan from $13/month. Not a ton of commissions but I'll take the money

Lol, I don't want an FMO I want a policy. I am not an agent anymore, I run a marketing company.

Sorry about that Kim, I'm sure there's a Florida UCT agent on here somewhere that would write you the plan. If you have another person in your household, doesn't have to be a spouse, you'll both get a 10% discount

I had googled UCT dental and on the first page it listed one of our discussions from this board on the plan, they listed it as someone else that wrote the information, they took my post from this board and put it on their wordpress blog as if they wrote it. I don't understand why they'd do that, it didn't look like they were selling this plan. Here's the link......

http://berysukybysy.wordpress.com/2011/07/17/uct-dental-vision-hearing-plan-insurance-forum/

Last edited:
Could you use that as a selling point or would that be setting yourself up for trouble if they didn't pay that way?

Agents tend to become over-zealous in selling dental plans. If they promise too much, which many do, it will come back and bite you in the butt.

"Yes, this plan pays 60% of the cost of major services such as crowns, bridges and root canals".

Maybe, maybe not.

Somehow they forget to mention the 6 - 12 month waiting period, or the $1000 cap which may have been used to cover prior claims.

They also may not mention, or even know, that rarely do dental plans pay a stated percentage of actual billed services.

Back