UHC Cutting Commisions-Rumors Rumors

Must not be a lot of SGA's on this Forum. Yawn...

Looking over my SGA contract I had to laugh at the "Good News" 10 year renewal October 2010 Amendment.
Good News only lasted 18 months. :mad:
My point being -- this schizophrenic :goofy: Carrier is not getting my loyalty anymore. The problem is I still have to recert each year in order to get my MA and PDP renewals. Hummm, I wonder which Carrier pushed CMS for this requirement?

Must not be a lot of SGA's on this Forum. Yawn...

Looking over my SGA contract I had to laugh at the "Good News" 10 year renewal October 2010 Amendment.
Good News only lasted 18 months. :mad:
My point being -- this schizophrenic :goofy: Carrier is not getting my loyalty anymore. The problem is I still have to recert each year in order to get my MA and PDP renewals. Hummm, I wonder which Carrier pushed CMS for this requirement?
Humana...............

OP - Cold calling for AARP Med Supps are prohibited per your contract. See Exhibit E, Schedule B, 2h.

Confirmed!!! Cold-calling is listed as a "Prohibited Marketing & Sales Behaviors". And under List Item Heading "2. Activities that mislead or confuse beneficiaries or which misrepresent AARP or the Company. Such activities may include, but are not limited to:" "(h) Cold-calling"

So just for kick and giggles -- How can Cold-calling be misleading or confusing or misrepresent AARP or the Company?

Maybe this is the reason we have to re-contract so your Company can get out from under a poorly worded contract.

If Midlevel is Mark A. Phillips, then minnie is Tim Harris :D:D:D A.K.A. Tag Team!!!

Got my SGA term letter last week. My FMO has yet to call me. Go figure!!!

What happens to the renewals down the road as my contract is now termed?

How long do I have to waite to sign-up with a different FMO? Do release rules apply?

Sure, I can sign a new contract -- but, that old block on the books is frozen. Subjected to the old contract terms and conditions. Why would I want to do more biz with a carrier like this?

I'm so glad the FMO's looked out for our needs. I'm sure they really thought about us. :no: At least I'll get a new writing number. Woo Who...

What a stupid carrier. Not well thought out!

Good news regarding renewals - you wouldn't loose them as a result of the not for cause contract termination.

Good news regarding renewals - you wouldn't loose them as a result of the not for cause contract termination.

That is Good News!

I thought the UHC MA, MAPD, and PDP block required annual recertification in order to get paid.

Last edited:
That is Good News!

I thought the UHC MA, MAPD, and PDP block required annual recertification in order to get paid.

I asked Bravo Health Plan this very question once. The answer was that I would not be able to sell if I did not AHIP, yet as long as I remained State licensed and in "good standing", I would continue to receive the renewals. That company and CIP are especially tough because they require that you do a half day or nearly all-day "in person" certification (pain in the butt) in addition to the AHIP and State requirements.
United Health would probably also pay renewals as long as State licensed, but best to ask a UHC official (a REAL one, not producer help desk flunkie) and get it in writing.

Back