UHC Cutting Commisions-Rumors Rumors

I happen to love dealing with United Healthcare. MAPD policies are all issued on a timely basis and I am paid full commissions within a month. When I call the Producer's help desk they have always been helpful. Maybe I've just gotten lucky!

I guess I'm just talking about things like checking on a pending application or ordering a client a new card. They have always been pretty good for me.

I guess I'm just talking about things like checking on a pending application or ordering a client a new card. They have always been pretty good for me.

Which ones that you deal with have been particularly tough to get those kinds of things done? All of mine have been good at those things also.

I happen to love dealing with United Healthcare. MAPD policies are all issued on a timely basis and I am paid full commissions within a month. When I call the Producer's help desk they have always been helpful. Maybe I've just gotten lucky!

UHC is near jet issue... When it comes to the PHD and servicing my AARP MedSupps they suck. You can't get anything done without your client having to call them. None of my other MedSupp carriers are this disconnected with the agent. They Loath us agents!!! :skeptical:

And the big BS being spread now is that UHC did all the re-contracting due to CMS. Sorry boys and girls, CMS has no jurisdiction over MedSupp's -- yet!

So why didn't UHC simply send out MA and PDP Commission Schedule drop downs and kept the MedSupp's at the SGA level? No they had to term their top producers without fully explaining their stupid ill thought out decision. Some of the FMO's didn't find out till 24 hours prior. UHC Sucks!

How can you trust this Mickey Mouse outfit whom enjoys double digit profits?

Throw me under the bus! :mad:

Haven't had any problem with UH, love dealing with them.

IMO there better than Anthem, but not as good as the rest. They're a big bureaucracy, and if you understand there systems, it'll prevent getting a bloody forehead.

I don't write much of them, but I am glad to have them in the mix. They do come in handy at times.

I wrote over 200 apps with them last year. A fair mix between Med Sup's and MA's. What I can say is that if the paperwork is done perfectly, then they issue and pay extremely fast and hard to beat by any carrier. However, if there is a glitch they can be the worse. Also, if you are trying to service your client with something as simple as requesting a replacement id card, they'll tell you to have the member on the phone. It can be crazy.

Grod,

I have ordered a few new cards the last couple months for all the new client's I put on their MAPD and haven't had any problem doing it myself. They will not take address changes over the phone from me but have been very helpful looking up claims as long as you have the DOS and amount of claim.

If you get the wrong person and they give you a hard time, just ask them what my job is and why do I get paid if I can't service my clients properly. Most of the time they will then help you out, if not ask for a supervisor if they keep playing the HIPAA blame game.

can somebody tell me what is a standard GA override? I assume that it depends...but what is something realistic for supplements ?

Back