UHC Cutting Commisions-Rumors Rumors

I am specifically talking about the MA plans, but when you contract, the levels should be the same. In other words, a GA is a GA whether it is for MA, Med Supp, or both. So, I would imagine they are recontracting the GA's at the Agent level for both. I could be wrong on that, but I've seen nothing in writing that would indicate that they are treating them as a seperate thing.

Would that be Med Supps or MAs?

All the production quota's that I have are based on MAPD production only but my understanding is that you will lose your GA override on all business (MAPD, Med Supp and PDP) if you do not have at least 5 agents contracted under your agency.

my upline, who just got a contract recently, (nd I was in the process of it), just got a letter terminating her contract (IL) because she didn't meet the new guidelines. I'm the only agent in the office who even sells med-supps. So we are pretty screwed I guess. Looks like I'll just not sell it. It's not like they were very competitive price wise, but they are a good thing to have in the bag, for those who really want them. Also, for people who maybe didn't get a supp when they could have. We'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out, and in the mean time, not worry about it. I've only had one person who I met with who decided to go with AARP anyway, she had them under-65 and her husband is with them and happy. Oh well.

my upline, who just got a contract recently, (nd I was in the process of it), just got a letter terminating her contract (IL) because she didn't meet the new guidelines. I'm the only agent in the office who even sells med-supps. So we are pretty screwed I guess. Looks like I'll just not sell it.

Find an FMO (there are thousands) and contract through them at the agent level. Your upline isn't much of an upline if she doesn't even have 5 agents to sign up.

You shouldn't miss out on any sales just because she's loser.

PS there are uhc/AARP FMO's on this forum. I bet they are sending you PM's right now... Take advantage.

Last edited:
Find an FMO (there are thousands) and contract through them at the agent level. Your upline isn't much of an upline if she doesn't even have 5 agents to sign up.

You shouldn't miss out on any sales just because she's loser.

PS there are uhc/AARP FMO's on this forum. I bet they are sending you PM's right now... Take advantage.

Is it really that easy for an upline to get and retain 5 ppl? Some of the ppl that I know that recruit agents had to work from the ground up. They have convinced total newbies to pass the state license pass all the certif and annual paperwork and THEN training them and helping them with their baseless allegations from customers. Then, the SEP comes around which is more limiting in terms of enrollment potential. It doesn't look that easy from my point of view.

I got my letter yesterday. I am told that you have until the April 8th in order to have 5 agents under you and then this summer you are going to have to have 10. I never looked to be an upline but I have 4 people under me right now. I have a couple more in wait and my other agency is helping me find a couple more. But if anyone here is looking to contract with UHC I would be happy to sign you up. Commissions are the same and are paid directly to you.

Got my SGA term letter last week. My FMO has yet to call me. Go figure!!!

What happens to the renewals down the road as my contract is now termed?

How long do I have to waite to sign-up with a different FMO? Do release rules apply?

Sure, I can sign a new contract -- but, that old block on the books is frozen. Subjected to the old contract terms and conditions. Why would I want to do more biz with a carrier like this?

I'm so glad the FMO's looked out for our needs. I'm sure they really thought about us. :no: At least I'll get a new writing number. Woo Who...

What a stupid carrier. Not well thought out!

Got my SGA term letter last week. My FMO has yet to call me. Go figure!!!

What happens to the renewals down the road as my contract is now termed?

How long do I have to waite to sign-up with a different FMO? Do release rules apply?

Sure, I can sign a new contract -- but, that old block on the books is frozen. Subjected to the old contract terms and conditions. Why would I want to do more biz with a carrier like this?

I'm so glad the FMO's looked out for our needs. I'm sure they really thought about us. :no: At least I'll get a new writing number. Woo Who...

What a stupid carrier. Not well thought out!

This is all CMS....look for every carrier to follow suit.

Rumor is UHC is cutting the 21 current FMO's down to 5 and the SGA contract is 700 to 1000 apps a year. The days of a single producer having anything other than and agent contract are over.

CMS has no authority over med supp commission rates.

CMS is used as an excuse by carriers to enforce their policies, a lot, even when CMS has nothing to do with it.

I've encountered no less than 10 times in the last year with 3 different carriers where they were supplying training that was a direct CMS violation if you followed it.

The carriers don't know the CMS guidelines any better than an average agent does.

Back