UHC Med-Supp Rate Increase Florida

I moved 200+ to UHICA when they brought it to TX. Incredible rates.

At this point the only push back I get is "AARP kills babies" and things like that.

One of my super conservative clients called me last week, bitching because his buddy has UHC with a free gym membership and why didn't I tell him about it and blah, blah, blah. Once he finally ran out of steam, I asked if I was allowed to speak.

"I can get you that. After you join AARP."
He laughed hysterically and said "You get me. Thanks for the explanation. Not a chance in hell am I joining AARP". NEXT.

I have had hundreds of prospects have a negative reaction to AARP name but can only remember only one or two people not go for AARP med supp because they have (had) a history of lowest rates in Florida for a long time. Like Rupert Murdoch said in his testimony in Dominion lawsuit about why Fox news lies to it's viewers " its not about red or blue it's about the green! "

I have a carrier that cost much less that UHC and I sell them the majority of the time, they have the lowest priced Plan G, but I still have some people that want a household name like UHC and FB. This increase will make them a little easier to sell.

Just tell people they only have to sin one time (AARP 1yr) - they don't have to commit to a lifetime of sin (AARP Renewal not required).

I have a carrier that cost much less that UHC and I sell them the majority of the time, they have the lowest priced Plan G, but I still have some people that want a household name like UHC and FB. This increase will make them a little easier to sell.

Is it MoO? They are notorious for huge rate increases and coming up with a new block.

UHC going up near 9% in Georgia.

Not in all areas. They've broken it up by area instead of the same rates across the state. Area 1 is 9%, Area 2 is 7.1% and Area 3 is 2.3%. They're also increasing the household discount from 7% to 10%.

Looks like most of my business is written in Area 2. If it happens to be a couple, they'll be competitive. Less so for individuals. The driving determination for most of these for me will be whether or not the gym membership is important. Our local YMCA has a big senior membership and doesn't participate in Silver Sneakers. But they do participate with UHC Renew Active. Normal membership price ranges from $49 to $65 per month. If you got in under a referral system it's $49 per month. Otherwise it's $65. So for those who are paying either of those prices, UHC will still be the lowest cost option if they want to stick with YMCA.

Only two other Med Supp carriers here offer a gym membership and it's Silver Sneakers (Anthem and Humana). Anthem is cheaper and has a fairly stable rate history for the last 4-5 years.

I'm talking about supps wanting to move to mapd's now because of the cost. The older peeps don't travel and will see the savings if they choose wisely.

Not in all areas. They've broken it up by area instead of the same rates across the state. Area 1 is 9%, Area 2 is 7.1% and Area 3 is 2.3%. They're also increasing the household discount from 7% to 10%.

Looks like most of my business is written in Area 2. If it happens to be a couple, they'll be competitive. Less so for individuals. The driving determination for most of these for me will be whether or not the gym membership is important. Our local YMCA has a big senior membership and doesn't participate in Silver Sneakers. But they do participate with UHC Renew Active. Normal membership price ranges from $49 to $65 per month. If you got in under a referral system it's $49 per month. Otherwise it's $65. So for those who are paying either of those prices, UHC will still be the lowest cost option if they want to stick with YMCA.

Only two other Med Supp carriers here offer a gym membership and it's Silver Sneakers (Anthem and Humana). Anthem is cheaper and has a fairly stable rate history for the last 4-5 years.

That's why I deleted my post. First I thought it was near 9% throughout Georgia.

Back