Unicorn IMO/FMO??????

I don't know why you guys get so butt hurt.

All I've said is that a person seeking advice for the career they have chosen should listen to agents actually doing that chosen career and not listen to those that don't.

I don't sell P&C. I don't know anything about selling P&C and what coverages a person should have or which ones are phony insurance tack ons that I don't need. Therefore I don't go into the P&C forum and tell those agents how to do their job. And if I did and the P&C agents told a newbie to not listen to me they would be correct. I would go crying about it.

And if I wanted to learn P&C I would want to learn from agents that actually sell P&C instead of a bunch of internet posers.

Same for annuities. I don't sell annuities and know nothing about annuities. You don't see me in the annuity forum trying to tell agents that are trying to learn annuities about the business.

Same for LTCi. I could go on and on with every vertical.

It's only the FE arena where posers think they have a right to talk and give advice about something they don't know. And then whine when that's pointed out.

OK, for Scott. yes, he could give an agent wanting to get started in FE advice. he could tell them to spend 20 years doing other things, have a couple offices and get their wife licensed to sell the med sup walk ins and also sell funeral preneed after getting their apprenticeship done as a funeral director. "Have at it young man and we'll see you in 20 years".

Gollini could tell them to spend 30 plus years selling med sups and cross selling the occasional FE. Just buy lists and DK them after you have that 30 years under your belt. "Have at it young man and we'll see you in 30 years'.

Wino could tell the new agent wanting to cut his teeth in FE that all he has to do is work his 40 year old book. Only problem is that the agent will have to 40 years to have that book so he doesn't have to buy leads.

What marvelous advice for the person just starting. And them you have the gall to get butt hurt when that's pointed out?

Cry me a frickin river!!!

Like Wino said, we're mostly joking around with you about being a real FE guy JD. I don't think I've recommended that anybody cold door knock targeted data lists over working DM leads.

I've had people ask me how to do it(even Smokin Goose for Med Supps), and I've said that it's an alternative way to market if an agent doesn't have the money for leads. I was trained to go door to door and to be more efficient, I've adapted it over the years to cold knock the people I'm targeting. It works for me and I enjoy it.

I thought I knocked on your mom's door last year, because I remembered what you said about salesmen knocking on yours. She chewed me out and told me she would never do business with a door knocker..if she wanted insurance, she'd look in the phone book. I asked her if she had a son called JD(just kidding on that part).

Most people are receptive. I've even had some tell me it's cool, they didn't know there were still door knockers out there.

As the DNC list gets bigger and the DM leads get more expensive, I think there will be more guys turning to door knocking. I've got an advantage, because there aren't many doing it. Looks like it might come full cycle.

The point I've always tried to make with you is that there's lots of ways to do things and there's more than one way to skin a cat. Ewwww, that sounds icky.:yes:

For the record: I said nothing disparaging about FEX qnd never have. I have suggested them to several agents and I have never been slammed for making that recommendation. I simply told the OP if he were looking around, he might talk to Dave about what he could offer. Newby has often told people they should consider all the available options available before making up their mind. I don't recruit and probably never will do so gain. I have no contracts with Dave so I have nothing to gain if an agent signs with him. I do know him and know him to be an honest, dependable fellow who has always done whatever he has told me he would do. He is also a decent man. I have never known him to put someone down for where they might live or how little they might earn. He knows the business and knows how to train. I ahve seen how he conducts himself in the field and if i were looking for someone to work with, I would be pleased to have him as an upline. But, that is not say there are not others on the forum that I would also have no problems with being a part of thier organization.

I have been posting here 6 years, not 4 and it was a lot more fun before everybody got into the active recruiting business. I do think I know a little about selling burial insurance but much of what I have learned about it was gained long before ever coming to the forum. I started on a debit in the days when that was the primary way of selling "burial insurance". The people that comprised the FE market of that day are no different from the people that comprise the market today. What I don't have very much first hand knowledge about and don't give advice on is how to run DM leads. In fact, there was a time when "real" agents looked down on the guys that ran leads because they "could not sell insurance with a 'crutch' to lean on" (My, how things have changed) :)

Like Wino said, we're mostly joking around with you about being a real FE guy JD. I don't think I've recommended that anybody cold door knock targeted data lists over working DM leads.

I've had people ask me how to do it(even Smokin Goose for Med Supps), and I've said that it's an alternative way to market if an agent doesn't have the money for leads. I was trained to go door to door and to be more efficient, I've adapted it over the years to cold knock the people I'm targeting. It works for me and I enjoy it.

I thought I knocked on your mom's door last year, because I remembered what you said about salesmen knocking on yours. She chewed me out and told me she would never do business with a door knocker..if she wanted insurance, she'd look in the phone book. I asked her if she had a son called JD(just kidding on that part).

Most people are receptive. I've even had some tell me it's cool, they didn't know there were still door knockers out there.

As the DNC list gets bigger and the DM leads get more expensive, I think there will be more guys turning to door knocking. I've got an advantage, because there aren't many doing it. Looks like it might come full cycle.

The point I've always tried to make with you is that there's lots of ways to do things and there's more than one way to skin a cat. Ewwww, that sounds icky.:yes:

Do you door knocking guys all live in vans down by the river?

I don't know why you guys get so butt hurt.

All I've said is that a person seeking advice for the career they have chosen should listen to agents actually doing that chosen career and not listen to those that don't.

I don't sell P&C. I don't know anything about selling P&C and what coverages a person should have or which ones are phony insurance tack ons that I don't need. Therefore I don't go into the P&C forum and tell those agents how to do their job. And if I did and the P&C agents told a newbie to not listen to me they would be correct. I would go crying about it.

And if I wanted to learn P&C I would want to learn from agents that actually sell P&C instead of a bunch of internet posers.

Same for annuities. I don't sell annuities and know nothing about annuities. You don't see me in the annuity forum trying to tell agents that are trying to learn annuities about the business.

Same for LTCi. I could go on and on with every vertical.

It's only the FE arena where posers think they have a right to talk and give advice about something they don't know. And then whine when that's pointed out.

OK, for Scott. yes, he could give an agent wanting to get started in FE advice. he could tell them to spend 20 years doing other things, have a couple offices and get their wife licensed to sell the med sup walk ins and also sell funeral preneed after getting their apprenticeship done as a funeral director. "Have at it young man and we'll see you in 20 years".

Gollini could tell them to spend 30 plus years selling med sups and cross selling the occasional FE. Just buy lists and DK them after you have that 30 years under your belt. "Have at it young man and we'll see you in 30 years'.

Wino could tell the new agent wanting to cut his teeth in FE that all he has to do is work his 40 year old book. Only problem is that the agent will have to 40 years to have that book so he doesn't have to buy leads.

What marvelous advice for the person just starting. And them you have the gall to get butt hurt when that's pointed out?

Cry me a frickin river!!!

30 + years BoB kid..EDIT............. Edit...............

................. Edit
That is cool with me.

OK, my kid is back. Back to the poker game.

You are awesome JD. You are Da man! Conor McCloud was a posser.

Last edited:
Back