• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Uninsured Can Enroll Through April 30, 2015

GreenSky,
What state are you in that pays you $25 per Medicaid? Is that per month or one time?

I'm in Washington State and working with the Gov's office on state exchange resolutions on issues...we need to get paid on Medicaid as well.

In WA the SEP is Feb 17 - April 17

It's one time for Medi-Cal. But if you do enough volume it still isn't worth the time.

Rick

In CA it's $58 per app for Medicaid, not $25. You get nothing for the Medicaid if the family splits between Medi-Cal and subsidy on Covered CA. You only get the $58 when everyone on the app goes to Medi-Cal. It's a one-time fee.

Oh I know Medicaid isn't worth doing, but I signed up 147 in 2014 out of goodwill...stopped asking them for referrals, as they would refer their. Medicaid friends, lol.

Something is better than nothing...

Any other states that pay for Medicaid?

In CA it's $58 per app for Medicaid, not $25. You get nothing for the Medicaid if the family splits between Medi-Cal and subsidy on Covered CA. You only get the $58 when everyone on the app goes to Medi-Cal. It's a one-time fee.

No wonder you hang out at the border. I thought it was $25.

Rick

Best b careful......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/21/us/incorrect-tax-information-health-insurance.html?_r=0

To qualify for the special enrollment period, consumers must certify that they filed their tax returns and paid the penalty for not having coverage in 2014. They must also certify that they “first became aware of, or understood the implications of, the shared responsibility payment after the end of open enrollment — Feb. 15, 2015 — in connection with preparing their 2014 taxes.” It is not clear how the government could verify taxpayers’ claims about when they first realized the implications of the tax penalty. The penalties, approaching 1 percent of income for some households, are supposed to be paid with income taxes due April 15.

Best b careful......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/21/us/incorrect-tax-information-health-insurance.html?_r=0

To qualify for the special enrollment period, consumers must certify that they filed their tax returns and paid the penalty for not having coverage in 2014. They must also certify that they “first became aware of, or understood the implications of, the shared responsibility payment after the end of open enrollment — Feb. 15, 2015 — in connection with preparing their 2014 taxes.” It is not clear how the government could verify taxpayers’ claims about when they first realized the implications of the tax penalty. The penalties, approaching 1 percent of income for some households, are supposed to be paid with income taxes due April 15.

Once again the government has decided to put people in the position of lying in order to get health insurance.

It's almost like the ones who write these rules have never lived in the real world.

Just write a simple order-'this is all effed up and we need more people enrolled, you have until April 30th to get a plan' already, at least that is honest.

Back