• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Uninsured Can Enroll Through April 30, 2015

I used to think you could sleep walk through a PDP review. That changed about a year ago. If someone only has a couple of generic med's you can get by with running a report and recommending the Humana Walmart plan.

It get's more complicated, if you do it right, if they have half a dozen med's+ and you shop pharmacy's.

Lady last year was taking a "prescription" Niacin for cholesterol. Cost about $110/mo. Ran the report and her dose came up as OTC for around $14. She asked her doc if the OTC was the same. Doc said yes. She would still be taking the Rx version if I had not probed.

I save my clients about $1000/yr on average when they are taking a handful of med's. Saved one over $6,000.

Yikes!! That is not the same. OTC niacin will cause serious flushing for some patients. The RX niacin is slower to release into the blood stream minimizing flushing and increasing the effective result.

Learned that one the hard way.

Yikes!! That is not the same. OTC niacin will cause serious flushing for some patients. The RX niacin is slower to release into the blood stream minimizing flushing and increasing the effective result.

You have to be very careful with OTC niacin. Most is complete junk.

Her doctor approved the change. Seems her pharmacist was taking the OTC bottle off the shelf, slapping a label on and charging her a higher price.

hahah funny... they are NEVER more time consuming than indy health... hahah.... get their dope, enter it into a website and move on.... jeez.

You must be joking. I spent 45 minutes doing two indy health apps b2b the other day and 1 hour on the phone with a lady giving me 11 meds and discussing the differences in the plans/premiums, donut hole, moop, etc. before we actually did her app.

You either don't do pdps or you don't do pdps to make a blanket statement like that....

They make Non-Flushing OTC Niacin.

I know a family owned pharmacy that will mail Rx anywhere in the USA, they are cheapest about 90% of the time, cheaper than Costco.

Send me a PM if you want their number...it's gold for me to keep clients when I save them even 200-300 per month.

I know a family owned pharmacy that will mail Rx anywhere in the USA, they are cheapest about 90% of the time, cheaper than Costco.

Send me a PM if you want their number...it's gold for me to keep clients when I save them even 200-300 per month.

But yet, you want to keep that information to yourself rather than sharing it publicly.

Wonder why?

your right... im wrong, there, happy? not that hard to slam the meds into medicare.gov and move on down the road but again, im wrong... haha

indy health on the other hand.... most difficult plans to service, if you do them correctly.

Back