Ways to prevent clients from filling out lead cards in the future

HighSteppin

Alabama
Obviously there is no guaranteed way to ever prevent your client from filling out another lead card they get in the mail, but does any have any creative ways that might discourage them from filling out the ones they get in the future? Besides building good rapport and gaining their trust and creating some loyalty with them. I lookin for some outside of the box thinking instead of the obvious methods.

You will never stop our people from sending in cards.

The whole nature of our business is built upon the card responders.

If you were to figure out a way to stop them from responding to your lead company it won’t stop them from responding to everyone else. You would just cut yourself out of the equation.

If my clients are going to send in a card I would prefer it be to me.

If you were to figure out a way to stop them from responding to your lead company it won’t stop them from responding to everyone else. You would just cut yourself out of the equation.

Not sure but I think I had success with one. A retired state trooper. Is a real nice guy. But the third time I called on him and he wasn't interested in FE, I asked him why he kept sending the cards in. He didn't really have a good answer and it wasn't to get the Wal mart card as he would never accept one. I told him, "well, I wish you would quit sending them in as every time you do, it cost me $35.00!" He said he didn't think about it costing an agent money and would not send anymore in. Didn't get one from him on the next batch I dropped in his zip code.

Not sure but I think I had success with one. A retired state trooper. Is a real nice guy. But the third time I called on him and he wasn't interested in FE, I asked him why he kept sending the cards in. He didn't really have a good answer and it wasn't to get the Wal mart card as he would never accept one. I told him, "well, I wish you would quit sending them in as every time you do, it cost me $35.00!" He said he didn't think about it costing an agent money and would not send anymore in. Didn't get one from him on the next batch I dropped in his zip code.

:laugh:

I have sometimes thought about sending in a lead card just to watch somebody present to me, but after all the posts I have read here, I know it will cost them money when I say no, so I have not done it.

As Jd says it’s impossible to stop most . It’s the nature of the people we deal with . They are addicted to free things . Every cleverly worded card grabs their attention that there’s another free nugget out their . I got a call today at 4 pm from a client to write her mother the food card dsnp . I verified her Medicaid status . I beat in all clients heads I’m looking for a relationship and not a transaction. If you don’t want to commit to me for life I’ll walk out right now . She told me she was so tired of switching . I told her I’d come out and help you activate the food card and place your first otc order . If you establish a bond and send out Xmas cards , birthday cards and call them once a yr I think you can get a bond with 75/80% . Some are so lonely they’ll always send cards in .

If you are worried about someone responding to another ad then I guess they are just a customer, and not really a client . . .

I lookin for some outside of the box thinking instead of the obvious methods.

I apply a medium sized ball peen hammer to the thumb of thier writing hand. It's amazing how acute people's memory becomes when assisted by pain. :v_SPIN:

Sadly enough the same, forces that intrigued them to send your card in, in the first place, will cause them to most likely do it again. A person's nature is often hard to contend with.

However; I believe that a strong emotional wrap-up with the intention to solidify, not just the sale, but you as the agent, goes a long way. I use a card on the fridge and a short story to do this. If you would like me to share let me know.

I apply a medium sized ball peen hammer to the thumb of thier writing hand. It's amazing how acute people's memory becomes when assisted by pain. :v_SPIN:

Sadly enough the same, forces that intrigued them to send your card in, in the first place, will cause them to most likely do it again. A person's nature is often hard to contend with.

However; I believe that a strong emotional wrap-up with the intention to solidify, not just the sale, but you as the agent, goes a long way. I use a card on the fridge and a short story to do this. If you would like me to share let me know.
Yes I would love to hear it

Back