We Won't Get Paid Till April...If Then.

I will be surprised if there are many agents willing to continue dealing with HIX business after April. By then they will have an idea of how many of their 1/1 policies actually paid out and how much (or little). Certainly by June expect to see some fallout.

Hey, I remember that guy, too! Who was Mr. GET OUT NOW!? Maybe he got out???

A long time ago, we were saying that the things needed to survive through the turmoil of this season would be:
1. A strong financial base, either a large book of renewals, or other streams of income, or cash/assets to draw from during the "famine" in commission receipts.
2. Preferably 15+ years of experience, although it's possible for people with 5-10 years to still make it.
3. A willingness to pivot on a dime, and recognize when you need to change your business model to meet the new realities.
4. A smoothly operating process, with clear procedures to be able to process a volume of business.

Hey, I remember that guy, too! Who was Mr. GET OUT NOW!? Maybe he got out???

A long time ago, we were saying that the things needed to survive through the turmoil of this season would be:
1. A strong financial base, either a large book of renewals, or other streams of income, or cash/assets to draw from during the "famine" in commission receipts.
2. Preferably 15+ years of experience, although it's possible for people with 5-10 years to still make it.
3. A willingness to pivot on a dime, and recognize when you need to change your business model to meet the new realities.
4. A smoothly operating process, with clear procedures to be able to process a volume of business.

+1,000,000

Ann, that is exactly what needed to be done to have a successful open enrollment.

After seeing the early October debacle aka Healthcare,gov I quickly decided it was a waste of time to focus any effort there and instead really worked on my clients who were paying too much as well as reaching out for referrals.

It all worked, just as I know it has for you.

----------

Really? You know in our conversation's you asked me what I'd do and I told you if I was your age I'd just change courses and start over in P & C, of course I don't know the Texas coastal market. But just speaking with you the few times I did catch on to one thing (I think) and that was you were not afraid to cold call in person and that is one up on me and may just make you an excellent P & C agent. But daily my thoughts change on this business and what I am going to do.

----------

I suppose if you are the cga or your agents it is very fair, but my first case off exchange was family of 4 with a $14998.00 annual premium and husband I was taking off a conversion and the wife and kids an individual she had for years. My take? Under $100.00. I think some of the other cga's are going to lose more than half their sales force come April 1st or shortly thereafter. I knew what I was getting into but very few of the new agents hired just to beef up agency forces to get through open enrollment did not.

That is a disgrace, I would have cleared over $2K on that policy and been paid in full within two weeks.

You have really gotten shafted, you are a loyal guy and don't deserve this...

Carrier direct enrollments only, no redirects, no sugar babies, no more poo poo policies. Preferably only State regulated products.

I was advised to do that after ACA passed and its totally worked. I sell health. And dental, vision, life, ltd on my groups. That's it. Exchange business only if required (and really only via my BCBSTX link, if they want to link through to healthcare.gov). Straight to BCBSTX. No General Agent. No Middle Man. Works so much better. I don't think the agents are going to get cut-out, I think its the GA's.

+1,000,000

Ann, that is exactly what needed to be done to have a successful open enrollment.

After seeing the early October debacle aka Healthcare,gov I quickly decided it was a waste of time to focus any effort there and instead really worked on my clients who were paying too much as well as reaching out for referrals.

It all worked, just as I know it has for you.

----------

That is a disgrace, I would have cleared over $2K on that policy and been paid in full within two weeks.

You have really gotten shafted, you are a loyal guy and don't deserve this...

Yep, a hand full of us have been loyal for over 15 years but loyalty was never a two way street, now age scares us.

Really?
I suppose if you are the cga or your agents it is very fair, but my first case off exchange was family of 4 with a $14998.00 annual premium and husband I was taking off a conversion and the wife and kids an individual she had for years. My take? Under $100.00.

.666% percent commission on a $14,998.00 annual premium? U Sure BD?

Back