• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

We Won't Get Paid Till April...If Then.

Ann,

Your list is missing: 5. Business written with carriers that actually pay you.

That's not so much of a given anymore, big book=/=big income. Quite a few brokers I've spoken with have more clients than ever, who need more service than ever, while being paid less then ever for each one (and less overall).

Plus, at least in NY, I haven't heard of anyone getting comp just yet. Heck, a whole lot of clients still don't have bills or ID numbers yet...

Ann,

Your list is missing: 5. Business written with carriers that actually pay you.

That's not so much of a given anymore, big book=/=big income. Quite a few brokers I've spoken with have more clients than ever, who need more service than ever, while being paid less then ever for each one (and less overall).

Plus, at least in NY, I haven't heard of anyone getting comp just yet. Heck, a whole lot of clients still don't have bills or ID numbers yet...

For many of us Assurant's 2014 plans were the perfect storm-competitive rates, no commission changes, 12 month direct advances right after the 1st premium was paid, and a great bonus plan.

I've already been paid in full for virtually all of my Assurant Q4 business while having no idea of when the very limited Exchange business (less than 5% of my policies) will get paid.

I'm in a different place, age and career-wise, than many on this forum so don't need to worry about the long term, the short term focus was perfect for me and because of it I'm in the position of a very long and possibly permanent sabbatical from my health insurance business (other than answer the phone when it rings). The absence of a need to actively pursue business is a great place to be...

Back