Web conferencing

On a tangent, it's interesting that some companies offer deals to their unhappy clients.

I recently canceled a service I had for $42 per month - upon canceling they offered for me to continue at a 30% discount.

My reply: "So your happy clients pay full price and unhappy clients get a price break? How does that work?"

If any one of my members called me and said "cancel my subscription" fine - they're canceled. But it demeans my members paying full price for me to offer that knucklehead a deal.

On a tangent, it's interesting that some companies offer deals to their unhappy clients.

I recently canceled a service I had for $42 per month - upon canceling they offered for me to continue at a 30% discount.

My reply: "So your happy clients pay full price and unhappy clients get a price break? How does that work?"

If any one of my members called me and said "cancel my subscription" fine - they're canceled. But it demeans my members paying full price for me to offer that knucklehead a deal.

Cell phone carriers and gyms are notorious for this... I called my cell phone provider the other day to inquire about what the fee to get out my contract is and they ended up giving me a rate that is $30/mo less and they gave me a free data for 6 months. I wasn't even going to cancel...

Yes, you do have to go with the annual. That's the only way to get the discount...sorry if that wasn't what you wanted

Okay, I bought it. You saved me some money. Thank You!!

That was a nice trick.

One time I called to cancel my aol and they ended up giving me a year for free.

Okay, I bought it. You saved me some money. Thank You!!

That was a nice trick.

One time I called to cancel my aol and they ended up giving me a year for free.

Well, I finally am of assistance now! I've been here on the board now for a few months and have been learning from everyone here, so I am glad I am of some use now!:biggrin:

It has become an annual ritual with me when they try to raise the rates on my digital cable/high speed internet service.

Every November I get a bill that is a little higher than it's been. I call 'em up, and they've managed to knock it down a little ("special" discount package). This year they wouldn't revert to the old price (only a $6.00 a month difference) but did give me a year's free HBO and Showtime for my trouble...

I use mikogo.com It's FREE and has all the neat stuff you find from the ones you have to pay for.

At first I was worried it might be full of viruses and banner ads. I did some reaserch on it and could not find any complaints pretaining to my fears. The two biggests things for me compared to all of the others I have used is it's free and I have yet to have a client complain about it. All you have to do is send them an email from your software and they just sign in and presto. It really is that easy.

I use Iboomerang. I like it better because everything is recorded and more secure. I have no hang up problems. with the laws of digital signatures I want to have my rear covered in all cases. I can give discount codes for anyone wanting to try. email me [email protected] :) plus I boomerang is the pioneer of online selling and has other tools that are great to use.

Mikogo uses 256-bit AES end-to-end encryption for security and they also have more than a few bells and whistles and I have yet to ever have any so called hangup issues. And with Mikogo you can record the entire meeting.

Oh BTW, it's free

Last edited:
Iboomerang is a rip off at $49 a month. Use AQ conference at $15 (IHIAA price).

Also, does iboomerang snag/store the IP address of your client? And have the ability to record? If it doesn't, you're liable if you have them e-sign.

I use Iboomerang. I like it better because everything is recorded and more secure. I have no hang up problems. with the laws of digital signatures I want to have my rear covered in all cases. I can give discount codes for anyone wanting to try. email me [email protected] :) plus I boomerang is the pioneer of online selling and has other tools that are great to use.

DimDim is free and works for both Mac and PC.

It happens to be open source too... And you could host your own solution if you were so inclined to do so...

Back