• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Website content

Using a lot of keywords isn't what gets you banned or hurts your rankings...it's using keywords that have nothing to do with your content.

Also, somehow SEO's have built up this sorta prestige to make you think that SEO is terribly complicated when its actually pretty simple.

Alot of good designers will be knowleagable in SEO and will handle the basics to start getting your site into the search engine's.

Using a lot of keywords isn't what gets you banned or hurts your rankings...it's using keywords that have nothing to do with your content.

Also, somehow SEO's have built up this sorta prestige to make you think that SEO is terribly complicated when its actually pretty simple.

Alot of good designers will be knowleagable in SEO and will handle the basics to start getting your site into the search engine's.

You honestly think SEO is simple? I've been researching it almost daily for the last 7 months and I still haven't even touched the surface I'm sure. Unless you're in a really non-competitive market, I don't know too many individuals who have no experience with it be successful doing it on their own.

And, I disagree with your statement about a lot of web designers being knowlegable about SEO. Most are not, but claim they are. The company I work for has never, to date, hired a web designer who has a clue about SEO. There are some good designers out there who do know and care about SEO, but they're few and far between.

Web hits are meaningless unless they turn into sales.

Would you rather have a million hits and get one sale or would you rather have ten hits and get three sales?

Your web site is not the sugar to catch flies. It is the honey to catch bears. You want sales and for sales you need content that will make the bears want to call you.

99.999% of all agents use the same stupid content and the same dumb graphics on the same crappy look-alike template. They gets lots of flies.

I don't. I get the bears. I don't catch the flies. But hey, I'm the village-*** here, so you are well advised not to pay any attention to me. Listen to Rick and listen to Winter and listen to Healthguy and listen to Mr. Bill and all the others. They know what they are talking about. It's obvious that I don't, never have... and never will.

Al
Preserve your memories

99.999% of all agents use the same stupid content and the same dumb graphics on the same crappy look-alike template. They gets lots of flies.

Yeah I agree with you. I checked out your website and you do have some great content. You must've put a lot of time into it.

Yeah I agree with you. I checked out your website and you do have some great content. You must've put a lot of time into it.

Thank you. Writing non-fiction is a learned skill not a talent. Once you learn it, it does not take long for you to express your thoughts on paper.

There are ten million books out there that teach this skill. It just takes a lot of practice.

The important part of writing is deciding on what message you want to convey to the reader.

I don't want to sell insurance, I want to sell ME. The message I want to get into the reader's mind is that he has a lot of choices out there, but the best one he can make is to at the least call me as part of his decision making process.

Most agents ramble on about this product or that product. People don't do business with "products" they do biz with other people.

Write about who YOU are and YOUR skills and why you should be their go-to-guy for whatever you sell. It's not that hard... and my feeling is that if you can't do that... you are probably in the wrong business.

If you can't sit at the bar over a drink and tell me in 60 seconds why I NEED to do business with you and not the other guy, it is going to be difficult for you to achieve success in sales... any kind of sales.

Learn to be yourself and follow your own instinct. Listen to the 3-part "The Strangest Secret" by Earl Nightingale (search on YouTube) and you will see what I mean. Otherwise be like the other ten million insurance guys out there and see how well that works for you.

I could be wrong, but no one got to the top of the table by being just like the next guy. Yet everyone seems to think they can. It must be an 80s or 90s thing. In the 60s we didn't WANT to become our parents (although we did!) Most of you think that if you just do what Rick or Winter or Mr. Bill says you will be as successful as they are.

Good luck with all that.

Don't listen to me or them or anyone. Listen to yourself. You are a lot smarter than you think you are (and definitely a lot smarter than I am. Just as Rick or anyone else on this venue. I'm the village ***.)

Al
Preserve your memories

You honestly think SEO is simple? I've been researching it almost daily for the last 7 months and I still haven't even touched the surface I'm sure. Unless you're in a really non-competitive market, I don't know too many individuals who have no experience with it be successful doing it on their own.

And, I disagree with your statement about a lot of web designers being knowlegable about SEO. Most are not, but claim they are. The company I work for has never, to date, hired a web designer who has a clue about SEO. There are some good designers out there who do know and care about SEO, but they're few and far between.

I didn't mean SEO is simple for the average Joe or that its a Do-It-Yourself. That statement is more so how I felt about SEO personally...but that's because I am a web designer with over 10 years of experience and am knowledgeable in SEO. It can be rather complicated if you don't know what your doing and in my experience its been more busy work than anything and that's partially the reason why it can sometimes be expensive to hire an expert.

Also, I didn't say all web designers can do SEO...but as mentioned there are alot of good designers that know the basics...especially because they can be overlapping fields. I will agree with the fact the more often than not a designer will not be knowledgeable in both. Just like you have some agents who only know health or life and others that know both very well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Web hits are meaningless unless they turn into sales.

You be surprised how many people are more concerned about hits. I ran across a guy last week with very non-user friendly navigation and color scheme. He keep telling me how he was getting over 20K in hits every month but was very taken back when I asked him how many of those turned into actual sales.

It doesn't matter how many hits you get, where you rank in the search engine, or how much relevant content you have...if your site is poorly designed you may make a few sales but how many are you missing?

Last edited:
I can build a deck...I guess. I can buy the plans, lumber, round up a few friends - get the pizza a beer out and I'm sure if I follow the directions eventually I'll have a deck - and will have saved thousands.

Not me - professionals do that. I could also study for "months" on SEO but my time has a price tag. I hired Dave Miller and he's a rocket scientist when it comes to SEO.

You need to stick with what you're good at - farm out the rest. I love it when one of my friends invites me over - "LOOK! - I did the entire ceiling by myself!" I'm like "yeah....looks like it too."

I just hired him to optimize the IHIAA - he's a walking encyclopedia of SEO knowledge and showed me incredibly results quickly.

That being said, I interviewed other SEO experts besides Dave. What I liked about Dave is his method involves work on my end. The other guys hit me with "...1st page placement and you do nothing" which after a lot of reading means quick placement...but they you get shuffled back since it's not quality SEO.

I'm extremely impressed with Dave.

Last edited:
Back