WFG or Primerica? What better options are there?

I thought every lawyer still has to go to law school. I could be wrong. :)

I'm not sure if some states still allow "Reading the Law", basically an apprenticeship.

Law school doesn't prepare you for the bar at all, its not designed to. Law school is about logic, facts, reasoning, and other areas.

I'm not sure if some states still allow "Reading the Law", basically an apprenticeship.

Law school doesn't prepare you for the bar at all, its not designed to. Law school is about logic, facts, reasoning, and other areas.
And there are very few, if any, lawyers who just yesterday worked flipping burgers at McDonalds after graduating high school just 3 weeks ago, or worse, not graduating.

I thought every lawyer still has to go to law school. I could be wrong. :)
Law school is not cheap and certainly demonstrates a commitment to the professions. On the other hand, spending $124 and a couple of weekends learning insurance basics demonstrates an ability to become another victim.

I've been with WFG for a while. Let me tell you the main difference, because I sat down with a Primerica Branch Office Manager who was very arrogant and I left him speechless:

Primerica only does "buy term and invest the difference". In order to properly service your clients, you would have to get fully licensed. Plus, the "Primericans" only understand about Wholelife and nothing else, so they think all cash value policies are the same one.

With WFG you can offer term and cash value policies. I have clients who only have term policies, clients with cash value policies and clients who have both.

I'm not gonna get in to "I can offer 450000 companies", because with life insurance I mainly go with Transamerica, second option is Nationwide and third option is Crump, which works with several providers.

I stopped thinking about "the bad reputation" and focused on helping people understand what they have. I have clients from all kinds of professional backgrounds and I recently recruited a CPA recently.

I'm gonna anticipate what I meant of "leaving him speechless" in our 10- 15 minute meeting. He kept insisting on cash value policies being expensive, so he finally, after me asking him about 5 times what he meant by expensive, he said "you charge 7-15% on a loan for the first 10 years", to which I told him "we charge around 1% for the first 10 years, 0% after the 11th year (depending on the company we use), how is that expensive?", so he pulls out a policy with some numbers and starts saying "look at this! This is expensive!" and I started reading the fine print and I answer back "yeah, you're right it is expensive..." and he got happy and said "See! I told you!" and my response was "of course it will be more expensive, it's for a 40 year- old smoker" and his final response was "that has nothing to do with it!!", so I stood up, shook his hand and said "train your agents better".

And yes, it is a true story, to this day I still can't believe it.

I've been with WFG for a while. Let me tell you the main difference
Now let's look at the similarities. Same DNA.....Hubert Humphrey. Both charge a sign-up fee, and for online access. Kitchen table vs Napkin presentation. Both breath the same air outside Atlanta. Both offer numerous seminars and conferences with admission fees. Both perform a free FNA for all new recruits (a selling process). Both recommend books by third party authors and have builder or fast start schools or "power builder" weekend retreats......at a cost. And lets not forget the convention, with side seminars and souvenirs, all with a fee. And once again, a huge churn rate of reps and clients, often one and the same. Never judge an MLM by its products/services. The system is the same, only the bait changes.

Now let's look at the similarities. Same DNA.....Hubert Humphrey. Both charge a sign-up fee, and for online access. Kitchen table vs Napkin presentation. Both breath the same air outside Atlanta. Both offer numerous seminars and conferences with admission fees. Both perform a free FNA for all new recruits (a selling process). Both recommend books by third party authors and have builder or fast start schools or "power builder" weekend retreats......at a cost. And lets not forget the convention, with side seminars and souvenirs, all with a fee. And once again, a huge churn rate of reps and clients, often one and the same. Never judge an MLM by its products/services. The system is the same, only the bait changes.

The system might be the same, but if your options to offer services are limited then there is a difference.

I stopped thinking about "the bad reputation" and focused on helping people understand what they have.

That is not necessarily a positive. If the reputation is not warranted and mostly sour grapes from the competition then I agree. However, if it is from former agents and insurance clients then that Ostrich denial.

My only interaction with them leaves me with the impression they have a lot of new inexperienced part time agents that do as they are told. I see _a lot_ of underfunded IUL and underfunded IUL and Term combos where the client believes they have "whole life" or permanent insurance. In my area they hit a couple ethnic communities pretty hard. That all leads me to believe they are trained in a certain way of business.

That is not necessarily a positive. If the reputation is not warranted and mostly sour grapes from the competition then I agree. However, if it is from former agents and insurance clients then that Ostrich denial.

My only interaction with them leaves me with the impression they have a lot of new inexperienced part time agents that do as they are told. I see _a lot_ of underfunded IUL and underfunded IUL and Term combos where the client believes they have "whole life" or permanent insurance. In my area they hit a couple ethnic communities pretty hard. That all leads me to believe they are trained in a certain way of business.

We all start somewhere...

Latest posts

Back