What kind of insurance do you have on yourself

Kyle, I have one word about joining BNI.

DON'T

You will get everyone's neighbor/best friend/prospect who has Type II Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, and Arthritic Gout.

By giving you these people, they will meet their quota, and you will keep getting frustrated, while they're able to turn your leads into business, and all you can do is offer a Discount Card.

With a Chiropractor, all you need is money to pay for the adjustments.
With an Advertising Agent, all you need is money in petty cash for pens, calendars, etc. to be printed and handed out.

It's much easier for a lead you give them to qualify to use/get their service. Not so coming back to you.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, WARNING, WARNING!

The Financial Planner, or CPA is going to get the leads you need. The reason you'll be told is that it is for Financial services, not health, but you can have them later (yeah, right).

The reason BNI loves Insurance guys (so do all other leads groups), is that everyone knows someone who is obese, diabetic, clinically depressed, or has muscoskeletal problems, and they just can't wait to give you these "time wasters" to meet their leads goals.

Ask them how long the last insurance agent lasted. Ask to speak with that person, to get the story straight from the horses mouth.

Ooops, one other lead you will get is someone who is on 8 meds for three problems.
Come on, you never know when you're going to need a reiki master or a cat therapist.

Have had mine with state Farm (home and auto) for at least 25 years. Have never shopped it around.
I was with State Farm for 20-years. Then left due to horrible service from State Farm on a minor claim and found out the prices as well as the service is WAY better elsewhere.
Check out Auto Owners (Great prices and rated as one of the highest customer satisfaction companies in the property and casualty insurance business by consumer reports magazine.)

Also check out Pekin and Grange for great prices and service.

If I need more business (which I don't) I would just call up one of my auto repair clients that recently filed a claim and was well taken care of. I'll ask him about who he told about my great service, and I'll work my way up to asking to be referred to them.

This is a great approach . . . something very few agents do. Instead, if they ask for referrals at all, they ask during policy delivery or sometimes while taking the app.

How dumb is that?

At that point the client hardly knows you and has no idea if the insurance they just bought is good or not. No wonder they are reluctant to give names.

Even if you ask, the response is something like "I don't know anyone looking for cow insurance at this time"

Back