What Med Supp Would You Buy for Yourself?

I like High Deductible Plan N myself. Better value over HDF.

If you throw out carriers like UA, less than $30/mo spread here in GA for N vs HDF. Yes, you can make the argument that if you go 7 yrs without a major claim you are better off with HDF but most of my clients run the numbers and decide to pony up an extra $30 - $35 for the reduced risk.

At one time when BX was selling HDF for less than $40/mo I would have gone with HDF but now the carriers (other than Globe and UA) are in the $65 - $70 range with N $100 or less.

It's possible, I guess, but hard to imagine a scenario where over 10-20 years the out of pocket expenses year on year with Hi D F would exceed the premiums saved over G or F. N, maybe. I need to get my mind more right with the excess charges anxiety on plan N.

Many agents won't run into this, but I do.

Prospective clients will often ask, "Which Medigap plan do you have?".

Most clients that I speak to want the peace of mind. I used to do plan f or MAPD until a year ago I have fully switched to G or MAPD. In our area clients fall into one of two categories.
1. My friend has a plan and pays nothing at dr or hospital, I want that, the best that money can buy
2. I want the plan that is free with that gym membership.

The fun part is to ask do you go to the gym? No but if it's free I may start. That lets you. Know exactly what kind of prospect that you are speaking to.

Most clients that I speak to want the peace of mind. I used to do plan f or MAPD until a year ago I have fully switched to G or MAPD. In our area clients fall into one of two categories.
1. My friend has a plan and pays nothing at dr or hospital, I want that, the best that money can buy
2. I want the plan that is free with that gym membership.

The fun part is to ask do you go to the gym? No but if it's free I may start. That lets you. Know exactly what kind of prospect that you are speaking to.

But the question was what plan YOU would buy. Apparently you also listen to "my friend."

Rick

If you throw out carriers like UA, less than $30/mo spread here in GA for N vs HDF. Yes, you can make the argument that if you go 7 yrs without a major claim you are better off with HDF but most of my clients run the numbers and decide to pony up an extra $30 - $35 for the reduced risk.

At one time when BX was selling HDF for less than $40/mo I would have gone with HDF but now the carriers (other than Globe and UA) are in the $65 - $70 range with N $100 or less.

If we had the similar pricing in MO, I'd also pony only up an extra $30 for a Plan N.

Back