What Price Do You Want to Pay for Leads?

PDX_Agent

Expert
I am curious what my fellow agents think is a fair price for leads.

If you could get a lead that was an actual person requesting information on an insurance product you offered, what would you be willing to pay for that lead? This is assuming that the lead carrier was more interested in partnering with agents and not trying to screw them over for a fast buck.

I know we all want to say $0, but in fairness to the lead provider, what is a fair price you would pay for:

Exclusive Leads:
Non-Standard Auto
Preferred Auto
Home
Commercial
Life

Non-Exclusive leads:
Non-Standard Auto
Preferred Auto
Home
Commercial
Life

It all depends on out of 10 leads how many we really end up selling.

But I would say between $15 to $35 a lead if it is someones that really wants a quote or more info.

Life Insurance Lead.

If the information has been verified by an actual human being, who followed up with the internet life insurance inquiry, and they DO want to be contacted by an Insurance Professional, I would say 30-35 dollars is reasonable...

It depends on the quality of the leads, if they are good an will lead to business, I would pay $25-$30 and if there is a person coming up with several leads then anything up to $40 dollars because loyalty leads to regular business.

life leads $15 with filters. What I am paying now for a person who will or can tell me yes or no about the quotes I present.

There is no such animal as exclusive leads. There are leads sold to one agent from one lead company and there are shared leads from lead companies.

Lead companies have no control over the internet.

I am curious what my fellow agents think is a fair price for leads.

If you could get a lead that was an actual person requesting information on an insurance product you offered, what would you be willing to pay for that lead? This is assuming that the lead carrier was more interested in partnering with agents and not trying to screw them over for a fast buck.

I know we all want to say $0, but in fairness to the lead provider, what is a fair price you would pay for:

Exclusive Leads:

Preferred Auto - $10-$14
Home - $10-12 *
Commercial - depends on what line of business and the size of company; a very small company needing only CGL or a BOP would only be worth $20 or so; a company who potentially would buy CGL, Workers Comp, Commercial Auto and/or multiple other types of coverage would be worth up to $50 (maybe more, in some cases)...

*as a rule, quality leads for Homeowners Insurance customers are the best deal; while the HO premium (and commission) is lower than a typical Personal Auto policy, if I can get them on the hook for Homeowners coverage, I can back into an Auto policy with multi-policy discounts. If I write the Home and Auto with my "preferred" carrier, I have a 40% success rate on Umbrella coverage and more than 35% success rate on a Life policy.

Referrals are the best! If you do a direct mail campaign, the cost will be between $15 and $40 depending on the return rate. If you do a telemarketing campaign you will pay up to as much as $100 per lead. It just depends. What do you feel is a fair price. In you gut you have to have a number, every agent is different. For me, if I were to pay over $20 for a lead it would be too much. But that is me. I normally don't buy leads.

Back