What's a Lead Value $$

I respect this guy's commitment to an idea he believes in, and frankly, if someone gives in to other people's discouragement, they'll never make any business idea work.

For example, did anyone say to you, "Do you really want to start an insurance agency, when there is already so much competition? Most people don't make it in insurance sales, so why would you be successful?"

A year from now, we'll know if this concept will work. If it doesn't, but the site gets decent traffic, he can always re-tool his site for affiliate marketing. :)

Please tell me a website like mine? I would love to see them.
the rest are the old fashioned lead generation companies.

This is probably the most innovative in the space
Stik.com

Granted it is beyond Insurance

We started something in Q1 this year
http://www.getquotable.com

But have sat on it as Radius has soaked up most of our time, which is a good thing.

The quality of the lead trumps everything, but the experience the agent has when the lead is bogus is a close second. The space is crowded and we think that the relationship and customer service with the agent will go further then the variance of $5 on the monthly or lead price. Agents get hammered on a daily basis by vendors (including us, but more like a soft tap on the shoulder) and in the end they don't want a line of BS just want to know exactly what they are getting and exactly what they are paying for it.

Free Trial is a must w/o the Credit Card required. We started out with a C/C being required and switched after some time, not because there was a huge statistical difference in conversions to paying subscribers, but because that is how most agents felt comfortable trying out Radius. We offer a 15 Day Free Trial and a Free Plan, but still get asked 'What is the catch?'

Best of luck to you guys, look forward to seeing you succeed.

My guess is that the person who put up the $$ to buy the domain name lend.com in the first place probably has some more cash to put towards building the business....

I respect this guy's commitment to an idea he believes in, and frankly, if someone gives in to other people's discouragement, they'll never make any business idea work.

For example, did anyone say to you, "Do you really want to start an insurance agency, when there is already so much competition? Most people don't make it in insurance sales, so why would you be successful?"

A year from now, we'll know if this concept will work. If it doesn't, but the site gets decent traffic, he can always re-tool his site for affiliate marketing. :)

Thanks I appreciate the comment. They negative comments actually help they just make me work harder. We know there will be bugs to work out no company launched without making improvements and changes. With the domain we have we can go in many facets. But, I am very confident we will be sucessful. Question is how fast we can get it off the ground.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is probably the most innovative in the space
Stik.com

Granted it is beyond Insurance

We started something in Q1 this year
http://www.getquotable.com

But have sat on it as Radius has soaked up most of our time, which is a good thing.

The quality of the lead trumps everything, but the experience the agent has when the lead is bogus is a close second. The space is crowded and we think that the relationship and customer service with the agent will go further then the variance of $5 on the monthly or lead price. Agents get hammered on a daily basis by vendors (including us, but more like a soft tap on the shoulder) and in the end they don't want a line of BS just want to know exactly what they are getting and exactly what they are paying for it.

Free Trial is a must w/o the Credit Card required. We started out with a C/C being required and switched after some time, not because there was a huge statistical difference in conversions to paying subscribers, but because that is how most agents felt comfortable trying out Radius. We offer a 15 Day Free Trial and a Free Plan, but still get asked 'What is the catch?'

Best of luck to you guys, look forward to seeing you succeed.

hmmm Stik.com is interesting I have seen that before. Using the facebook platform I am sure works. But, doesnt target to as large of an audience as we will. Great idea though. Thanks for the comment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My guess is that the person who put up the $$ to buy the domain name lend.com in the first place probably has some more cash to put towards building the business....

That would be a pretty good assumption!

Last edited:
Guess you are right...wonder why State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, etc., bother to have agent look ups on their web sites? What a waste of money. They should consult with you & quit throwing dollars away because consumers never go online to find an agent!:biggrin:

Seriously, when I read stuff like you are writing it just turns me off. There is no "one size fits all" solution for agents. Do agent websites work? To some degree. Does your website work? You are happy with it & bottom line, that is all that matters.

Most good agents that I know are too good at what they do to dabble in developing a website or two. I gave up my agency to focus on what I do today as there was not enough hours in a day to do both well. But, I've met a few folks that have done both well....but they are exceptional individuals & my hat is off to them as I could not do what they do.

So please recognize that there is a very good reason for lead companies to exist as well as the few folks that do what you do. As a company, we've never been good at finding LTC leads so we gave up years ago. Same with annuity leads. But, you claim here you can produce LTC leads & more power to you.

But please, quit putting down others that aren't as "good" as you as there is a place for us in this business also. Agents & lead producers.

FYI: I've got 21 years writing insurance policies before I quit to help agents with internet leads...but I'm still licensed.

Consumers aren't Going online to find an agent. Consumers are going online to rearch information; and find out what something costs. If Dustin's site is centered around a consumer trying to find an agent, and reading reviews about agents it has misplaced focus. State Farm and Allstate are brands; having an agent look up an agent on a site of an established brand doesnt prove your point. Just means that someone wants the closest state farm agent to their house. I am sure you are successful Bob, because you already realize consumers are looking for quotes and costs; the consumer is not seeking to find an agent; the agent that delivers the information the consumer is looking for in an intelligent, and efficient manner may end up with the business. It is the end result of the consumer research. Your method works. I believe Dustin's method will not work. I still wish him the best.

Last edited:
Let's hear about them and take a look. Again not worried about funds or driving traffic. I have tons of research and info already the more feedback the better of course. I like not being agreed with it gives me the chance to look and make sure I am not missing anything.

Not for nothing, but I'm up to my elbows in doing research and marketing for my own business. If you're not worried about driving traffic and you think you have a great idea, then all the power to you.

Consumers aren't Going online to find an agent. Consumers are going online to rearch information; and find out what something costs. If Dustin's site is centered around a consumer trying to find an agent, and reading reviews about agents it has misplaced focus. State Farm and Allstate are brands; having an agent look up an agent on a site of an establushed brand doesnt prove your point. Just means that someone wants the closest state farm agent to their house.

Well, when I moved to another state recently, I wanted to stay with the company I was with so I used their search function to find a local agent.
I know from folks that found me [when I was an agent] from out of state that they too used the same function. I do agree that from what I've read, many research online & then buy from a brick & mortar business:)

The Captive companies have some excellent research tools for consumers to use & they didn't build them just so they would look pretty. Folks use them. I know as I benefited from them when I was an agent & they are much better now.

But, everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is not one agent here that can spend 10% of what an Allstate/State Farm/etc. spend on marketing online. State Farm does not sell direct, they sell through agents last I checked & Allstate committed to that starting next year. [as stated at the Agency Forum in Vegas back in May]. Have you checked out their web sites?

But back to what I originally stated: most good agents do not have the expertise to drive their own leads nor are they much interested. If they were, they'd quit selling insurance & get in the lead business IMHO.

Back