When to walk away...

3H's is better than 2D's

That got me thinking and when I think , I google. I have to tell you that I think 3H's don't't work real well. Perhaps @WinoBlues and @goillini52 would like to chime in, but I give these a thumbs down. Make that two thumbs down.

main-qimg-c0960581cca4603d80fc22870de4fcd7

I’d add it’s time to walk away when you encounter people who have really weird spouses.

It’s really sad when one person has common sense but married a complete bozo (when it comes to financial wisdom).

Recently I encountered a guy (door knocking) claimed he wasn’t aware his wife filled out the form and seemed irritated claiming he had “enough” insurance and not sure why his wife filled it out. Came up with every objection in the book “my agent told me to buy whole life” “my wife will be ‘taken care of’ if I die” etc.

But yet he had no qualms about her risking her safety or not knowing whereabouts given she was out allegedly shopping somewhere by herself after dark.

I’d add it’s time to walk away when you encounter people who have really weird spouses.

It’s really sad when one person has common sense but married a complete bozo (when it comes to financial wisdom).

Recently I encountered a guy (door knocking) claimed he wasn’t aware his wife filled out the form and seemed irritated claiming he had “enough” insurance and not sure why his wife filled it out. Came up with every objection in the book “my agent told me to buy whole life” “my wife will be ‘taken care of’ if I die” etc.

But yet he had no qualms about her risking her safety or not knowing whereabouts given she was out allegedly shopping somewhere by herself after dark.
I’d call this one back during the day, hopefully talk to the wife and maybe get an appointment. Sometimes these guys are buttheads all the time, but sometimes they change when it’s clear the wife wants it.

I did a FE appointment recently that I had set on the phone with the wife. As soon as we sat down I noticed the husband’s resistant body language (leaning back in the chair, arms folded, slightly creased eyebrows, etc.). Sure enough, about 10 minutes in, he starts telling me, “I don’t think we really need it. We’ve got some money put back, and my son’s pretty well off, and he’ll take care of things.” I look over at the wife, whose ever so slight facial expression tells me that the guy’s basically in denial, and she thinks they need it. Apparently he got the same message, because he backed down. I finished the presentation and got apps from both of them for about $2700 ap.

Don’t let the rudeness of a spouse (who wasn’t expecting you, and displaying natural sales resistance) deter you. It could be that their house runs by the same general rule as mine: “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”:1wink:

^I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try to reach her

I was knocking at night time and some of these guys spook easier than me lol. I figured the element of “surprise I’m here”, “it’s night time” etc probably factored into his attitude at that time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back