Where Were You when the World Stopped Turning?

I was an Ultrasound Tech at the time and was in the middle of an exam when another tech came in the exam room (which was normal being a teaching Hospital) and whispered to me. Went to the waiting room and saw the 2nd tower hit.

I'll never forget. By the time my shift ended at 3pm there were already special newspapers on the stands at the gas station. We had airline tickets reserved for a trip to Mexico the following week. I was one scared SOB, but obviously nothing compared to the people and families who had to go thru that!

Everyone remembers where they were that morning. Mine is easy to remember.

We lived in Sarasota at the time, drive to Tampa early morning to hand off my two year old daughter to a brain surgeon to remove a non symptomatic brain tumor (that was found by accident after hitting her head and having cat scan).

First plane hit as they were preparing her. Second plane hit, and they called her name. After hearing her taken away crying behind the door, the doctor comes out and suggests in light of situation in n.y., do I want to postpone the surgery? We took him up on his offer and drove home........to Sarasota where air force one was taking off with pres Bush to a secret location.

And no, Ben Carson was not the surgeon.

Everyone remembers where they were that morning. Mine is easy to remember.

We lived in Sarasota at the time, drive to Tampa early morning to hand off my two year old daughter to a brain surgeon to remove a non symptomatic brain tumor (that was found by accident after hitting her head and having cat scan).

First plane hit as they were preparing her. Second plane hit, and they called her name. After hearing her taken away crying behind the door, the doctor comes out and suggests in light of situation in n.y., do I want to postpone the surgery? We took him up on his offer and drove home........to Sarasota where air force one was taking off with pres Bush to a secret location.

And no, Ben Carson was not the surgeon.
I hope ur baby girl made a quick and successful recovery once the surgery was done!!!

My senior year of high school, in my first morning class. The principal announced for all classrooms to turn on their TV's. We did nothing else in any class that day except hang on every word from the news station. Went to work that night and pretty much the same. To say it was surreal doesn't quite get it.

I worked for a telecom company back then, was at the office. Was pretty surreal watching the 2nd plane hit on live tv.

I was door knocking. And yes I mean cold door knocking. It was a very strange day for that on top of what was going on.

Everyone just opened their doors, let me in and stayed fixated on their TVs. I was in a few homes that I'm sure as soon as I walked out they wouldn't even remember that I was there.

Gave up by noon and that was the end of my door knocking days.

I remember the sickening feeling I had in my stomach as I watched people jumping from the buildings. I also remember the rage I felt when they showed the people dancing in the streets celebrating this tragedy in the Muslim countries. :mad:

I had taken a break from insurance and was working the mortgage refi business with a company that specialized in VA streamline refi. We were in our AM rah-rah session where yesterday's results were posted and leads for the day were to be handed out.

The office secretary always had her radio on and interrupted us to tell what happened. The boss turned on the TV and there it was, unfolding before us in living color.

After 15 minutes he shut off the TV, shrugged, and said it was time to hit the streets.

Everyone in the room refused to take leads. Boss was furious (and he got reamed out later that day by the company president.

Our office was in the same building as a Navy recruiting office. We didn't know it until we left but the building was on lock down.

The next day it was (almost) business as usual, following the butt chewing because we refused to work the day before.

I quit that job a few days later.

After leaving the office I went home, turned on the TV and spent a good part of the day and most of the night watching the reports. I didn't want to watch but couldn't look away.

I also remember where I was when the Challenger blew up. That was an accident.

911 was deliberate.

Back