Which Insurance Company is the Top Rate Company in Ohio

I would not go Auto Owners. They are on the top 50 worste claims practices list by FBIC. If GMAC is available there or Chubb they are on the top 10 best.

Scottyj said:
I would not go Auto Owners. They are on the top 50 worste claims practices list by FBIC. If GMAC is available there or Chubb they are on the top 10 best.

I had a lady in a bus knock out a wall of my office building a few weeks ago. She was covered by auto owners.

The claims process could not have been faster or easier. I was very impressed. I'd never heard of them before that.

My claims experience with AO have all been positive.

That's good for you guys. I have experianced great stuff with allstate too and they are rated horribly by claims practice too. Just saying If I am going to write a million in premiums it ain't going to be with Auto Owners... Too many horror stories...

I've had 2x Progessive auto claims and my expectations were exceeded with the speed and how headache free the process was for me. I know they rank low on CaptiveGuy's chart, but my prior relationship with State Farm was so lousy it's why I jumped ship. And they're near the top.

Auto-owners and Erie are both fine companies.

Auto-Owners is top notch in terms of claim service. My grandparents had Auto, Homeowners and Dwelling Fire (on a rental property) coverage with them for many years. In 1996, they were t-boned by an uninsured driver and A-O paid for everything under their Uninsured Motorist coverage almost immediately. In 2008, their home and rental property suffered hail damage and needed new roofs. An adjuster came out within two days and approved both claims the following day.

I represent six different personal lines insurers, but more than 80% of the policies I sell are with Auto-Owners! My mom's new Mazda CX-9 was involved in a hit-and-run while parked at a local grocery store a few months ago. Under Georgia law, hit-and-runs are paid under Collision coverage (as opposed to Uninsured Motorist or Comprehensive in many states). A-O paid almost $3k to properly repair her new $40k vehicle with OEM parts and assured her that her renewal premium wouldn't increase because of this claim. She renewed last month and, as promised, no surcharge- her annual premium increased by $17!

Back