• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Why Are Agents Rude....

gobengals157

Why do others on these boards feel the need to be condescending towards others? We are all in business trying to making a living and for the life of me I don't understanding why if someone post on here, and you make think its dumb or stupid, the need to talk down to someone on a computer? I wonder if you speak to others that way, is that how you treat your clients?

It does get out of hand sometimes. It seems that many times it is because newbies ask the same questions over and over and over again.

No excuse though.

Exactly, hence why I rarely ever post on here anymore. I read the forum everyday but don't correspond much anymore,,, could care less to deal with the immaturity and drama this forum has.... But at same time there's so much to benefit from reading.

A person can be told to use the search function without being rude to them.

The sad truth is that a handful of members (it is now more than a handful since many new members act the same way) have eliminated any trace of professionalism from this forum over the past 2-3 years.

I just spoke to a member the other day who hasnt posted in months. When I asked why he said he was tired of the bickering. He said that anytime he tried to have a serious discussion it was always turned into something else.

But as long as Sam and the mods give out wrist slaps for constant violations of the rules, the fighting will only get worse.

The life & annuity forums used to have really great discussions about products, case design, prospecting, sales, etc. Now it is just newbies and bickering. Most of us experienced agents have given up... for some reason I still think things might change... but unfortunately new members who are adding real value dont hang around too long anymore.

The health insurance forums are not too bad at all. FE forum is the absolute worse.

You are correct. Same with Annuity/LTCI/PC/DI. The traditional life section used to be a lot more that way... but unfortunately the antics of the FE section made their way over to the traditional life section. And once the traditional life guys (who acted like true rofessionals) left the forum that killed the annuity section.

Bummer. It's a shame. I really hope the immaturity gets weeded out because this forum is such a wonderful tool for new and long time agents. I've learned SO much and have met some really awesome people.
We shall see what the future holds lol.

The health insurance forums are not too bad at all. FE forum is the absolute worse.

Well.. It is sort of an Good Ol' Boy's Club and testosterone rules.

----------

Bummer. It's a shame. I really hope the immaturity gets weeded out because this forum is such a wonderful tool for new and long time agents. I've learned SO much and have met some really awesome people.
We shall see what the future holds lol.

It is like anything else.. You have to overlook the bad in order to benefit from the good.

A person can be told to use the search function without being rude to them.

The sad truth is that a handful of members (it is now more than a handful since many new members act the same way) have eliminated any trace of professionalism from this forum over the past 2-3 years.

I just spoke to a member the other day who hasnt posted in months. When I asked why he said he was tired of the bickering. He said that anytime he tried to have a serious discussion it was always turned into something else.

But as long as Sam and the mods give out wrist slaps for constant violations of the rules, the fighting will only get worse.

The life & annuity forums used to have really great discussions about products, case design, prospecting, sales, etc. Now it is just newbies and bickering. Most of us experienced agents have given up... for some reason I still think things might change... but unfortunately new members who are adding real value dont hang around too long anymore.

I agree. I have been guilty of some of it myself.

The health insurance forums (as mentioned) seem to be very professional. Of course you get the occasional redundant question, but I assume most new and veteran posters find the information helpful.

I can't speak about the other forums.

Back