Working Web Leads!

runawaykinms

Expert
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone works a lot of web leads and can offer some of their expert advice?

Here are a few questions I have thus far:

1. What is your step by step guide to approaching a new lead?
2. How many leads do you purchase each week?
3. Why do you think you are sucessful with them?

Thanks!

What kind of insurance are you selling? It will make a difference in the answers you get.

Whoops, that would help.;) I am selling life insurance. Also, I have been filtering the leads(I may edit this) so that they don't include any medical conditions.

Thanks

Last edited:

1. chase them for a week then submit for credit.
2. was 10-15, couldnt keep up with the junk and it is reduced.
3. i don't, about to eliminate them from my plan

have fun.

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone works a lot of web leads and can offer some of their expert advice?

Thanks!

As far as a step by step approach to working web leads, we have several recorded webinars we have done with various guest speakers/insurance agents on how to successfully work internet leads that you can request for free from our website at the following link:

Aged Insurance Leads Info Request Form

There is no real magic to becoming successful working internet leads for life....you just have to stick with it and PUT the time in to be successful.

1. Get a CRM system and use it.
2. Call leads as soon as you receive them. We would call lead, leave a message, send an email, and call again that evening...to all numbers consumer has submitted.
3. For us, 11 rounds of calling yields best results. Each round of calling should escalate the urgency of the message, continue to followup with emails.
4. Buy 100 leads per month, EVERY month...when you get to the point where you can't handle the volume, get an assistant/caller to help you.
5. Work with multiple lead companies/ sources.... they run hot and cold, and track each company in your crm...ultimately your numbers will tell you which company is best for you.
6. You have to outwork your competition, be smarter, be available, stay focused on the sales, not the ones you lose.
7. Critique your sales methods....when you finish your call, think about what you could have improved on for the next one.

Hello Everyone,

3. Why do you think you are successful with them?

Thanks!

1. Pick up the phone and give them a call. Do not ask questions in the first 8 to 12 seconds that you don't know the answer to like, "how you doing today". You don't care and they know you don't care. It is one of the things that identifies you as a "telemarketer". Transition the phone call smoothly into a conversation. Nothing is ever sold during a phone call, not even an appointment.

2. I don't. I generate my own.

3. I'm not, that is why I generate my own leads.

It would be helpful if you identified what you are selling. Since you didn't specify my comments pertain to the senior market.

There is no real magic to becoming successful working internet leads for life....you just have to stick with it and PUT the time in to be successful.

1. Get a CRM system and use it.
2. Call leads as soon as you receive them. We would call lead, leave a message, send an email, and call again that evening...to all numbers consumer has submitted.
3. For us, 11 rounds of calling yields best results. Each round of calling should escalate the urgency of the message, continue to followup with emails.
4. Buy 100 leads per month, EVERY month...when you get to the point where you can't handle the volume, get an assistant/caller to help you.
5. Work with multiple lead companies/ sources.... they run hot and cold, and track each company in your crm...ultimately your numbers will tell you which company is best for you.
6. You have to outwork your competition, be smarter, be available, stay focused on the sales, not the ones you lose.
7. Critique your sales methods....when you finish your call, think about what you could have improved on for the next one.

+ 1 :yes:

Excellent process. The #1 weakness of agents is that they "Hunt" vs "Farm." No CRM, wing it on calls & don't think before asking questions like Frank mentions in his post.

Consistent, duplicatable processes. You can train someone to do vs having to do yourself.

If you don't close the lead today put it in your CRM & follow up at an event in the future [birthday, X-date, ticket/claim is older in Jan but policy renews in March] & you'll be the only one competing for the business!

Plus, good fresh leads to start with. :idea:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
How long does it normally take for you to work a life insurance lead to close? (when they are not web leads?)

Back