Agents with Smart Phones

I've seen 'em, I like 'em, but I like the Droid and iPhone interfaces better...

Two big reasons:

1.) BB is in a lot of trouble financially right now. If they don't turn that ship around, they're going down, and I want an interface that will be around for the long haul

2.) It drives me nuts to have to use a password EVERY time I want to use my phone. There are many reasons I might pick up my BB that have nothing to do with business. If I haven't used it in the last 20 minutes or so, it locks and I have to type in a 10 digit password.

With iPhone and Android, you can keep business stuff behind the password, and everything else on the outside. I may decide at some point to put everything behind a password, but I'd like to have that option. With Blackberry, as far as I can tell, there is no way to accomplish this.

Not to mention, android and iphone have some fun toys available on 'em *lol*

BB ain't going down anytime soon. Yes they need their new BBX operating system to be a hit, but there are people who will never leave them and their keyboard is a big reason. If you do a lot of mobile email as I do nothing beats a bb...especially the new bold 9930. The keyboard on this thing is righteous!

You don't have to use a password on a bb...I love bb for getting things done. What they do, they do well. I've had iOS products and in my opinion bb is better for my everyday use. Android is intriguing to me though.

Nah, not with assets in the billions and no debt. They are a major player in other countries as well. Yes, they are no doubt in a down period but this company is not going down anytime soon.

Palm still rules too!

Palm still rules too!

now THAT's funny!!!!!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BB ain't going down anytime soon. Yes they need their new BBX operating system to be a hit, but there are people who will never leave them and their keyboard is a big reason. If you do a lot of mobile email as I do nothing beats a bb...especially the new bold 9930. The keyboard on this thing is righteous!

You don't have to use a password on a bb...I love bb for getting things done. What they do, they do well. I've had iOS products and in my opinion bb is better for my everyday use. Android is intriguing to me though.

Hey, I love the keyboard too, but touchscreen keyboards have come a long way, and everyone I know who has made the switch says they don't miss the real one.

On the whole, "you don't have to use a password" thing. If you work through any major carrier as a captive agent (which I do), and you're on a blackberry, the whole thing is behind a passcode. At least it is on my 9700 Bold. Maybe that's changed with some of the newer phones...

But I'm still jumping to a ship that a'int sinking. If BBX flops, Blackberry flops. Palm flopped, and they started this industry... Don't think it can't happen to bb. If you can't innovate, you die in the tech world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back