AHIP stumped me, I barely passed-HELP

I sold advantage products for 2 years and got out when I saw the things Joe Namath and Jimmy Walker were saying on TV that I can't say or do. The regional manager with one of the largest carriers held a local meeting and said there were five questions on AHIP that had the wrong answers. He said he notified the home office but they didn't do anything. Now you may have to record your conversation with a prospect. I'm glad I got out when I did.

I sold advantage products for 2 years and got out when I saw the things Joe Namath and Jimmy Walker were saying on TV that I can't say or do. The regional manager with one of the largest carriers held a local meeting and said there were five questions on AHIP that had the wrong answers. He said he notified the home office but they didn't do anything. Now you may have to record your conversation with a prospect. I'm glad I got out when I did.

Did you replace it with an equally good opportunity?

I get it. Regulations aren't cool. But if you build a big book of business you literally earn more than your lawyer and doctor.

It just doesn't make sense to me to say, "Oh no, there are commercials to complete with!" Or "boo hoo, I need to record my calls!" Screw both - I'll get a job at the bank in middle management...

Just doesn't make sense.

Did you replace it with an equally good opportunity?

I get it. Regulations aren't cool. But if you build a big book of business you literally earn more than your lawyer and doctor.

It just doesn't make sense to me to say, "Oh no, there are commercials to complete with!" Or "boo hoo, I need to record my calls!" Screw both - I'll get a job at the bank in middle management...

Just doesn't make sense.
Exactly. So what about all the nuances. I'm sure some people won't agree but here it is anyway....my humble perspective. I'm 100% down with the free advertisement. Thanks Joe.:wubclub: Explain a few things and let the prospect down easy on the bs parts. All a prospect wants is the truth, give it to them then get on with biz.

Those commercials are an advantage if it's leveraged in a good clean honest way when talking to a prospect. Those commercials have gotten so many people talkin.... Build credibility up beyond the crap.

Brings to mind the phrase, "all advertisement is good advertisement, even negative advertisement" Those commercials fall into that category imo. Could care less. Keep em coming. S4Ws, Some will call the number on the TV, Some Wont (and will talk to me or one of you), So What? and then theres more Someones Waiting for a nice agent who will give it to them straight. :D

I see why some wouldn't like those commercials, but if MAs are offered, no reason to be upset about it. Plenty to go around. I mean have ya'll seen the #s on how many people are aging in (facetiousness, my bad).

As people say anyone can sell a 0 premium product . But with so much money in it ( go look at United healthcare’s earnings last week . Monstrous ) can you keep it long term? The effort to steal customers even from within the carriers is crazy .Also for those of us doing this just a few yrs were selling a controlled and subsidized govt product . Aca is even worse . If I were 25-30 I’d definitely have my fingers in other pies for diversification. Like I sell a lot of life ins . The hottest field right now is annuity’s . Sales exploding .

I own a property & casualty agency and I make a 6 figure income. I sold my first med supp policy in 1972. The in hospital deductible was $45 and the premium to cover part A & B was $9.00 per month. I still sell med supps but I don't care for the advantage products.

Back