American Health Underwriters

Hi Guys I had some questions about American Health Underwriters out of Ft. Worth, Texas. I did the research about them and havent found any negative comments about them. Im trying to figure out if they are scamming me or not. The advance 7 months but I cant get a straight answer from them about when we receive the balance. They said not until my balance is caught up. Which sounds to me like never as long as Im getting advances. Any one else have any thing good or bad to say about them or know how they do business?

I cannot vouch for any experiences that anyone else on this board has had with AHU.
However from my personal experience, they are the best outfit I have worked for in 17 years.
Pay, always on time
Accounts always correct.
Extremely good office support.
Leads are ok.
I know four agents in the Dallas area that have worked for them in the past, and they all got their backends. Even though they had moved on to another company.

The reason they cannot tell you when you will get your residuals (back end) is that they cannot possibly know how much business you will submit, how much of it will be issued or how much of it will stay on the books for at least one year.
With a seven month advance, it should take around 20 to 24 months to break out. Assuming that you write consistantly.
Obviously I strongly recommend them
I write Blue Cross through them.

Last edited:
I love AHU. They have always been great to me. And yes they still give out rings to top producers. They are gold with diamonds now. Anyone that is considering this outfit should. They have been nothing but great to me.

I love AHU. They have always been great to me. And yes they still give out rings to top producers. They are gold with diamonds now. Anyone that is considering this outfit should. They have been nothing but great to me.

been there ....did that.....and you only get one 'D' for every year you are top producer in each of the stars after you get the ring......but really....the thing that killed it for me was a charge back I got on a unpaid claim that ahu and state general denied and settled and ahu said I was responsible for their half of the settlement....

ring.jpg

I was a top producer when I was with them and never got my ring!! I was told and promised one, but they said budget wise they couldn't afford it. I could have made a few bucks by selling it on ebay to a slacking wannabe AHU producer! :) Maybe he would then close a deal or two by showing future clients his million dollar producer ring.

On a 7 month advance you receive 5 months on submission and the other 2 months on approval.

Back