American Health Underwriters

Well in Baltimore no one's heard of Flemings - yet show up one night and see if you can get a table.

Quality doesn't need ads plastered all over the place.

How come you only write BCBS and not World?

Because World is a relatively unknown company.
World underwriting is the pits.
World does not pay on a rate up.
World does not pay on their so called admin fee.

Plus BCBS beats the crap out of World for price and for benefits

I actually found Worlds underwriting good. I have a few cases that were rated up with other companies like Aetna and BC yet World approved them preferred. Aetna declined a client of mine for skin cancer and World approved him with only a 1 year waiver with no rate up!

I actually found Worlds underwriting good. I have a few cases that were rated up with other companies like Aetna and BC yet World approved them preferred. Aetna declined a client of mine for skin cancer and World approved him with only a 1 year waiver with no rate up!

Isolated case. Hardly anyone buys World in Texas price is not competitive, neither are benefits, I believe the network is rented and the commission food chain is like UA or MLM, a lot of hands in the cookie jar.

Now if someone gives me a 60% contract I will edit this post accordingly. LOL.

Isolated case. Hardly anyone buys World in Texas price is not competitive, neither are benefits, I believe the network is rented and the commission food chain is like UA or MLM, a lot of hands in the cookie jar.

Now if someone gives me a 60% contract I will edit this post accordingly. LOL.

Hmmm, Im actually finding that they are very competitive. Only company that is beating them is Unicare. World also has unlimited prescription benefits. BC(3000max) Aetna(5000max). The unlimited scripts hit home with me. Im on a bilogical med that cost my insurance company $2700 per month. With an annual max I would be screwed!!

Also World includes a 1 time $50 copay for lab and radiology. Standard with all plans.

At one point i did all World all the time... back when they had a great network and the price was great... they had wellness and the accident plan included with the express med product, at this time thre were not many products offering these bennies.... i did enough to be in the top 3 nationaly.... was getting 9000$ a month back end, so things looked good... then they changed... jacked the price up on the express med, killed the great networks for that stupid great west network and introduced the saver plans... now rates for that crap are ok.. but u got facility co pays, huge ded/cost share on rx... 45 dollar co pay and crap for wellness.....and again, the crap network

world got left behind in the health insurance game due to not evolving with the better companies.... at one point a player... now a watcher...

that why i think they are a "fring" player and i don't see them coming back into the game... they will always be there for agents that need the advance commish which will have newer less experienced agents writing the policy which in turn will get replaced by the vetern experienced brokers like me...

example... "mr. client, you have world, no one has ever heard of these guys and the network sucks, how bout we get u humana... or unicare... or bc/bs.... or aetna... big time players, larger client base and better network.... all ranked in the top 10 via fourt. magizine. if u have a major claim, would u rather tell the hospital u have worl... or bc/bs, or aetna?"

Same here, I wrote a lot of World. As soon as they changed networks from PHCS to Great West. I immediately quit writing them.
In the first month after the change over I lost 5 clients because their doctors did not accept Great West.
Then of course they changed the plans, the final nail in their coffin. Good riddance.

When World was family owned they were great to deal with. Then they sold out to AR and things went downhill.

Add to that the greed and lack of agent service by AHU and I see no reason to deal with them.

Same here, I wrote a lot of World. As soon as they changed networks from PHCS to Great West. I immediately quit writing them.
In the first month after the change over I lost 5 clients because their doctors did not accept Great West.
Then of course they changed the plans, the final nail in their coffin. Good riddance.

You have a choice of networks with the Freedom Care plans. PHCS, GreatWest or Health Smart. And by the way what is a "rented" network?

Back