Anyone Know of a First to Die Final Expense Plan?

If I ever had someone bring it up I would just say, nah, we don't do that. If they wanted to pursue it further I would leave there on move on serious prospects.

That's pretty much my approach too. If they persist, I bounce.

----------

I should say, it may have come up twice in 2 years

Hey Gooner how do you handle this objection I got today and too boot she was heading to a funeral. I was going over the different levels to find her affordability and she said I can't afford anything "They just turned my cable off yesterday ". I said if you're dead broke why did you fill out the card and she said she was "just curious". That's the 1 objection I haven't figured out how to overcome and I've been seeing quite a bit of it lately .Lol

Hey Gooner how do you handle this objection I got today and too boot she was heading to a funeral. I was going over the different levels to find her affordability and she said I can't afford anything "They just turned my cable off yesterday ". I said if you're dead broke why did you fill out the card and she said she was "just curious". That's the 1 objection I haven't figured out how to overcome and I've been seeing quite a bit of it lately .

I simply say, "have a nice day."

That is my most common response, but occasionally if it is a smokescreen I will throw out, " Mrs Smith, I I could get you covered today for about $20, is that affordable?" If they say no...I bounce...some.of the times it will lead to a close. Couldn't tell you what persistency is on that though because I don't track it

I got some info the other day on a first to die policy from Lifeshield. I haven't had a chance to really examine it (or haven't bothered since it rarely comes up). It's being marketed as a way to replace the spouse's Soc Sec income. The IMO that sent it to me is The Producers Network. http://www.theproducersnetwork.com/

I was going over the different levels to find her affordability and she said I can't afford anything "They just turned my cable off yesterday ". I said if you're dead broke why did you fill out the card and she said she was "just curious". That's the 1 objection I haven't figured out how to overcome and I've been seeing quite a bit of it lately .Lol

They were looking for this:

84E1B67D.jpg

Looks like the answer is no as far as final expense and first to die. Thanks for the reminders on the good objection techniques. I got an email advertising first to die as a good way to insure a young couple but after looking at it it doesn't look any better than 2 term policies or a rider. The times I wanted one for FI was when they could only afford 25 or 30 a month total. I thought it would be better to have one policy for the first to die because the 2nd to die more than likely will be going on medicaid and have a state covered funeral. Seems to me it would be a better product for the client in a lot of cases and you would still make the same commission because you are still leaving the house with the same amount of monthly premium.

----------

Thanks shonceman. I guess I should read all the reply's first. I'll check it out.

I've used them a few times for cemetery policies. On those occasions I sold an individual PreNeed funeral policy on the husband and wife (FE policies would work too) and used the 1st to die policy to be available for the cemetery funding.

When a spouse dies the survivor buys a double mausoleum crypt that will be for both of them. It can range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on what type they select. But they need all the money for both when the first dies.

And mausoleums really don't cost much more than ground burial because they eliminate the need for cemetery spaces, burial vaults and a head stone. So if presented properly even many lower income people opt for mausoleums over ground burial.

I've used them a few times for cemetery policies. On those occasions I sold an individual PreNeed funeral policy on the husband and wife (FE policies would work too) and used the 1st to die policy to be available for the cemetery funding.

When a spouse dies the survivor buys a double mausoleum crypt that will be for both of them. It can range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on what type they select. But they need all the money for both when the first dies.

And mausoleums really don't cost much more than ground burial because they eliminate the need for cemetery spaces, burial vaults and a head stone. So if presented properly even many lower income people opt for mausoleums over ground burial.

And this one time, at band camp....

I got some info the other day on a first to die policy from Lifeshield. I haven't had a chance to really examine it (or haven't bothered since it rarely comes up). It's being marketed as a way to replace the spouse's Soc Sec income. The IMO that sent it to me is The Producers Network. Life Insurance | Retirement | Annuities | Disability | Chicago,Il

Read the UW guide very carefully with this product. It offers no POS which I have a problem with due to the fact that the UW is very ambiguous and looks and reads like they dont have a concrete way they UW risks. Just an FYI, after you read it you will understand what I am talking about.

----------

And this one time, at band camp....

Ive never had anyone ask me about these but Im pretty sure if I did that I would be the first to want to die:swoon:

There have been many times with Final Expense sales where I have wished I had a First to Die plan. Anybody know of one?

...Yeah many is a stretch. There have been a few times.

Tell them you can/will not write that and give them my number. I will send you the cost of the lead. Same if someone wants term, UL or GI. You can email me at A Life Insurance Agent @ [email protected] :yes:

Back