Chris,
What that letter is reflecting is in 2009 the Staff were ruling agains the furure.
The complain were not originated from the use, was more from the lack of knowledge of the data base governing the call. BUT THAT CAN BE MEND AND IT WILL BE A PIECE OF CAKE,

----------

The customer was asking for something and the machine didn't recognize what they were talking about. and answered with something else or with a incomplete info. noe is 2017, we said to the banks machine what we want and they closily do it. same thing better structure, thing is everybody know they are talking to a machine,

While it's obvious that you wish avatar leads weren't going away, the reality is they are. You can justify your argument 100 ways but it won't change the end result. The FTC letter clearly states they have changed their mind on the legality of soundboard (avatar) technology and they will no longer be legal except in very narrow cases.

I've used, and been a proponent, of Avatar leads for some time. Specifically for call center sales operations I've found them to be an excellent lead source. Like you, I with they weren't going away but the times are changing.

Will avatar leads still exist for you to buy, sure. That's because they are created by companies outside the USA whom will tell you they are still ok. You may be comfortable walking close to that line while hoping you're not busted but I'd imagine most agents here are like me and wouldn't risk our entire businesses on it.

Does anyone know what the penalty will be for an insurance agent who runs an Avatar lead after May 12th?

FTC says we now have until May 19th.. Yahooo.. another week. Thanks US govt.

Agents can run these forever if the lead was produced before the 19th.

Back