Banner ideas for flea market prospecting.

When we were heavily involved with our local indoor flea market, I built a storage closet across the back of one of our booths. In the front,I had a table set up with brochures and other materials, cards they could fill out and deposit in a box on the table.. The booth wasn't manned so it did not draw a lot of responses but we did get enough to make it profitable at first. After a few weeks, it dwindled off to almost 0.

A friend of mine manned a booth in the same market, meeting and greeting the shoppers. He did quite well with it, offering FE, Med Supp and Cancer. He advertised a weekly drawing offering everything from a six pack of cokes to a small TV set. He found the cokes worked best as they were cheap enough that everyone that filled out a card was a winner. When he called on them, the conversation started with him telling them he came by to deliver their free prize that they had won. As Dave has already said, he only worked our market a couple of weekends every 6 months as the traffic consistent of a lot of regulars that would come every week. For that reason, he would work markets in Knoxville, Sevierville, Crossville and Chattanooga in order to also garner fresh leads.. He told me at one time the leads cost him an average of $9 each.

Last edited:
Ran across this online.. Might make a good sign for a flea market booth.

c743aec9c1fd212ce227fb7cef88db85.png

When we were heavily involved with our local indoor flea market, I built a storage closet across the back of one of our booths. In the front,I had a table set up with brochures and other materials, cards they could fill out and deposit in a box on the table.. The booth wasn't manned so it did not draw a lot of responses but we did get enough to make it profitable at first. After a few weeks, it dwindled off to almost 0.

A friend of mine manned a booth in the same market, meeting and greeting the shoppers. He did quite well with it, offering FE, Med Supp and Cancer. He advertised a weekly drawing offering everything from a six pack of cokes to a small TV set. He found the cokes worked best as they were cheap enough that everyone that filled out a card was a winner. When he called on them, the conversation started with him telling them he came by to deliver their free prize that they had won. As Dave has already said, he only worked our market a couple of weekends every 6 months as the traffic consistent of a lot of regulars that would come every week. For that reason, he would work markets in Knoxville, Sevierville, Crossville and Chattanooga in order to also garner fresh leads.. He told me at one time the leads cost him an average of $9 each.

I was doing something similar for a bit although I never thought of using the coke idea. I got a few leads that made it worthwhile.

Make sure two girls in bikinis are holding up the banner.
One of my enduring images of Florida and the one that sums up the state best is seeing a hot chick in a thong bikini operating a roadside hot dog stand. Or was it the pregnant woman bikini contest at the Yucatan Liquor stand?:eek::swoon:

p.s.- If you can't get laid in Florida, you ain't tryin'!:no:

Love the Coke idea! Plus, the only going 2-3 times a year.

My own experience from working a local fair was not so good. I thought i'd sale the hound dog out of FE
Not doing any more of those

You can take a bunch of $1 and $5 and put them in a jar and have people guess how much is in there....on the entry form have them fill out the info you want.....

Maybe try a sign that reads, "How much will the Government pay your family when you die?" or "How much will the government pay in 2018 to your family when you die?" Take up the job of the educator to arouse people's interest and then pivot. Grab their info and you now have a lead.

Back