Banner ideas for flea market prospecting.

Don't need to go to concerts to get a sniff... ever so often I walk into an apartment or house where the haze is still lingering. :wacko:

Stuff gives me a headache...

Use a Selfie Magnet like a cute dog that wears a hat and sunglasses. I watched a guy at the flea market selling junk on a blanket. His dog sat there with sunglasses and a hat on. Person after person came up and asked if they could take a selfie of themselves with his dog. Some paid him cash to do it (and he didn't even ask)!

So, if you have a cute pet or gimmick that people will want to come over and take selfie pictures with (you can grab their lead info in exchange for taking a picture with X). Then your flea market booth sign would be something like, "Free Selfie with Wonder Dog" or "Free Selfie with Grey Alien" or whatever your visual hook is.

Another thing that people will go nuts for is holiday pet pictures. Get someone in a Santa Suit for your event and spread the word on Facebook. "ABC Insurance is Offering Free Holiday Pet Pictures! Come dressed in your best along with your well-behaved pet and get your free photo. Town Name Flea Market from 1 PM - 3 PM, Booth #33"

The only thing I can think of, is to treat it like a booth, but you may be attracting a "lower" level clientele than most booths are geared for.

See the article by Paul Mallet more than 1/2 way down the article:
When Do You Know If Your Marketing Is Working?

A Farmers girl did something like this. Had a crowd at her table. It was a spin the wheel thing. Every got a prize even if it was candy.
  1. This is a big one: Offer games, not giveaways. You have to get a little creative here, but you can do it. This is a game-changer. (Pardon the pun - I couldn’t resist.) Come up with a game that is quick to play and creates instant winners. Don’t just settle for a boring drawing like most exhibitors. Giving people a chance to win instantly is key. Better yet, guarantee they will win something! Your game should require them to provide their contact info for a chance at a few really nice prizes, but a better chance at one of several more modest (and inexpensive) prizes.
  2. Your prizes are your opportunity to send your agency name and contact info home with your prospects. Items to consider include: personalized books and booklets, key chains, pens, (a branded plastic pizza cutter was one of our most popular prizes!), travel mugs, $1-$10 gift cards to McDonalds, Subway, coffee shop, etc. Our lowest value prize was a candy bar, and the winners loved it! For prizes that don’t have your brand on them, find a way to include your business card.
  3. Ideally, your game will draw a crowd and make a lot of noise. Not annoyingly loud, but loud enough to draw attention and generate curiosity. One of our referral partners uses a giant carnival wheel she spins for prizes. (She bought it used and it’s awesome!) It makes a distinctive clicking sound that draws people like moths to a light bulb. It’s crazy.
  4. Decorate your space with a theme people will remember, and preferably one that aligns well to your game. Our theme was “Everyone’s a winner with Postema Insurance & Investments.” The booth was decorated with Vegas-style images, props and colors. Again, it caught attention, it was fun, and we received several nice comments from attendees.
There are many more ideas in that link to make your table/booth a success.

Use a Selfie Magnet like a cute dog that wears a hat and sunglasses. I watched a guy at the flea market selling junk on a blanket. His dog sat there with sunglasses and a hat on. Person after person came up and asked if they could take a selfie of themselves with his dog. Some paid him cash to do it (and he didn't even ask)!

So, if you have a cute pet or gimmick that people will want to come over and take selfie pictures with (you can grab their lead info in exchange for taking a picture with X). Then your flea market booth sign would be something like, "Free Selfie with Wonder Dog" or "Free Selfie with Grey Alien" or whatever your visual hook is.

Another thing that people will go nuts for is holiday pet pictures. Get someone in a Santa Suit for your event and spread the word on Facebook. "ABC Insurance is Offering Free Holiday Pet Pictures! Come dressed in your best along with your well-behaved pet and get your free photo. Town Name Flea Market from 1 PM - 3 PM, Booth #33"
In as much as i dislike the flea market idea. I love this idea

Back