• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Calling All Uplines (and Downlines Too)

Good points.
My concern with the buy in formula is that I feel like if I'm gonna ask for $500, I can't really call the leads, "free". Just a personal issue. You're right, though, much more doable with a cost share.

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side.

What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side. What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

If only someone offered a program like this?

The leads are free. The buy-in is for the ability to participate. The leads are free but with production the comp can go up. The other way to do it is no buy-in but no DM for that package (TM leads only). I would also say you could offer higher comp iinitially for a higher buy-in. You could even have the buy-in refundable after one year for reaching a certain level or staying at a certain level for a specific period of time. But you have to have incentive and accountability from the other side.

What you are doing by the buy-in is hedging risk for both parties. Deals don't work if they are one sided. Everyone has to participate in the risk.

Oh, I understand your distinction. I just feel it's deceptive to play semantics that way. Personal opinion. Not knocking anyone.

Again, good points.

----------

Yes, Thad. If only!!

Okay I'll play...Don't you have something exactly like this with telemarketed leads?

----------

Why would you want to do that program when you can easily get 120% contracts?? Doesn't make much sense to me.

This program would be a magnet for those agents that either have no money ie for upfront lead costs (which I think is part of the draw of Lincoln heritage ) or for those not willing to take the risk they will work the numbers off of x number of free leads I will sell y at z premium multiplied by commission rate and be okay with that.

Back