Carriers that Rate Chewing Tobacco NS

Which carriers are best for chewing tobacco? Does Prudential still count chew as ns?

Foresters used to on their term products. Haven't written one in years so I don't know if that's still the case. I know when they brought out their FE product it was not non tobacco for chewers and dippers and pipe and cigar smokers as their term was.

Foresters used to on their term products. Haven't written one in years so I don't know if that's still the case. I know when they brought out their FE product it was not non tobacco for chewers and dippers and pipe and cigar smokers as their term was.

On the app it asks: Used tobacco or nicotine in any form within the
past 12 months? Yes No

On the app it asks: Used tobacco or nicotine in any form within the
past 12 months? Yes No

That may not be a change. I'm look at an app on a client from 2006. It says; "has the proposed life insured ever used any form of tobacco, marijuana, nicotine product or substitute?" That was a yes/no question.

Then below it was "if yes, what type?" and "date last used?"

I suppose it was the agent guide that told us that pipe and cigar smokers and chewers and dippers were non tobacco on those products.

I know they were still doing that on the term when they brought out their FE product because I had that conversation with them. They said they were not extending that interpretation to the whole life.

That may not be a change. I'm look at an app on a client from 2006. It says; "has the proposed life insured ever used any form of tobacco, marijuana, nicotine product or substitute?" That was a yes/no question.

Then below it was "if yes, what type?" and "date last used?"

I suppose it was the agent guide that told us that pipe and cigar smokers and chewers and dippers were non tobacco on those products.

I know they were still doing that on the term when they brought out their FE product because I had that conversation with them. They said they were not extending that interpretation to the whole life.

That was off the Plan Right app.

That was off the Plan Right app.

I know they don't on the PlanRight. Never did. My answer was about their term products and maybe even their UL?

Pipe, cigar and pot smokers and chewers and dippers were non tobacco on the Strong Foundation term products with Foresters.

I don't know if they still are. My last Foresters term application was in 2010. That guy smoked cigarettes so thaere was no reason to ask Foresters if anything had changed.

I'm still contracted with Foresters and have not received any notice of a change in that on the term products. But, if were to write one I would call them first if that was an issue.

Back