• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Claim Denied of Course

Wrote kskj on October 2nd 15 insured passed the 16th of same month. I received policy in mail on the 17th. I was told because policy could not be delivered to insured and anemia found in medical records claim denied. Sometimes this job blows.

Wrote kskj on October 2nd 15 insured passed the 16th of same month. I received policy in mail on the 17th. I was told because policy could not be delivered to insured and anemia found in medical records claim denied. Sometimes this job blows.

Unless it was Sickle Cell Anemia, Anemia should be Level Standard. Must be more to this than you know, I can't see why it would've been denied.

Unless it was Sickle Cell Anemia, Anemia should be Level Standard. Must be more to this than you know, I can't see why it would've been denied.

One thing that would seem to be important is the cause of death.. Probably wasn't the anemia unless it was caused by something such as cancer, chemo, etc.

In some jurisdictions, many policies state that they are not effective until the first premium is paid and the policy delivered during the good health of the insured.. Get a copy of the policy and read what it says. (or the application)

Last edited:

Hopefully they never advanced you any commissions and if they did you never spent it. Just remember to pay it back ASAP because the carrier will ASSAULT you up with mail asking for money back.

Last edited:
The SNL TN application states no insurance will be in effect until the first premium has been paid in full and the policy delivered.

The only way around this is for the first premium to be collected at time of application and the constitutional receipt issued. Then, the person is covered from date of application as long as they would have been insurable at the time of application according the underwriting rules of the company.

That is why it is important to collect at the time of application. There may be others but Columbian and now Settlers allow the agent to submit the initial check by FAX so there is no reason not to collect when you write the app other than the applicant being broke.

Premium was paid before death at issue he passed while policy was in the mail. Pretty sure that is the reason for denial. Undeliverable

----------

I am only 3000 in premium from their trip probably won't qualify now.

Premium was paid before death at issue he passed while policy was in the mail. Pretty sure that is the reason for denial. Undeliverable

----------

I am only 3000 in premium from their trip probably won't qualify now.

You have till Oct to make the trip. Surely you can write $3K between now and Oct?

If it was issued as preferred but he only qualified as standard the claim will be declined.

If it was issued as preferred but he only qualified as standard the claim will be declined.

I was just saying that Anemia itself should be Level Standard(instead of Select), but that's good to know.

What about the part about being declined because the policy hadn't been delivered?

Back