Colt 45 close?

I think that's called 'twisting'.

How was your lapse ratio after that close? Would you have to stop by every month and do it? Just because you 'force' a sale doesn't mean the policy stays on the books.
He was not making a new sale. He was collecting (renewing) on a policy already in force Must have been in force for some time since it was only collected every 6 months and the manager had been there enough times to know how the guy acted.

Finally John got excited , he looked him square in the eyes about 6 inches apart, with his pen stuck in the guys face and in a very gruff, stern, pissed off voice stated.

"If this pen were a colt 45 and I stuck it in your face and said get me $47.50 or I'll blow your fucking head off, what would you do?"

I tried it today on a 79 year old woman who just wouldn't fetch me a bottle of water and her check book. Scared her to death. Seriously. I mean she dropped dead right there.

I tried it today on a 79 year old woman who just wouldn't fetch me a bottle of water and her check book. Scared her to death. Seriously. I mean she dropped dead right there.
tenor.gif

"NFL - you got any other awesome close stories you could share? I've always LMAO at your "Colt 45" close"

Ok Reardon, this ones for you!

The really funny thing about that was I was actually concerned for our safety. This guy, without saying a word, jumped up from the table went to the far back room and you could hear him throwing shit around looking for something. I figured it was a gun.

John was a good looking bigger guy who always controlled the room very well. He didn't work the field much unless we had a big get together with maybe 20 to 100 guys all working an area and staying at the same hotel. When we had big get togethers we would always have meetings 7am. And no matter how drunk we got the night before you had to be there, or you got fined. You actually had to put a $100 in the jar, which in those days was big money.

One night we went out during deer hunting season to a college bar at CMU. John and I were entertaining a few college girls until quite late. He was 55 and I was 25. At about 1:oo am I snagged the hottest one and went back to our room. I was rooming with John so when he came back he went to another room to give me some privacy. I missed the 7am meeting and afterwards John came back to the room to check on me. He walked into a room that was completely trashed. Lamps knocked over beer bottles everywhere both beds were off the box springs curtains torn down. The TV was on the floor. I looked up as John was hitting himself int he head saying WTF Merrill. The girl wakes up, gets dressed and walks out of the room in front of 40+ salesmen wearing the tightest jeans, purple cowboy boots with a lacey top looking like a million bucks.

The following morning at our meeting a guy spouts off that I needed to put a hundred dollars in the jar. John asked him what he was doing at 2am and he said sleeping. He said based off of your numbers you should have been practicing your closing techniques like Merrill was. He gets a pass.

John also liked the doggy due close, it was short and sweet. the funny thing was he usually said it as he was walking out with out the sale in a disgusted tone.

Some people pay when due

Some people pay when past due

And some people never due

So Mr. Jones, HOW DO YOU DO?

Last edited:
Back