Combined Insurance?

There are two divisions. Worksite solutions is the side I work on. Excellent training and support. Great for someone with no experience. You'll learn a lot. Good starting salary. Not captive. I contracted to sell FE on the side. You just don't want to sell competing products.

Just rolled out a new accident plan that is the poo poo. (That means good for you older, I mean seasoned guys).

Combined was were I started my insurance career in 1992 selling sickness plans and Med supps.Even though we had to door knock at residence and businesses it wasn't a complete cold call since we were trying to sell to people who already had a Combined accident policy and many times the prospects would invite you in because they thought you were there to collect the semi annual premium for the accident policy.

Those guys cold calling selling the accident policy are hard core and I don't think i would have stayed in the insurance if I took that position.I think i made 8,000 my first year 15,000 second year and by my third year I was in the top 5 producers in the " Sickness " and Med Supp division in Fl making 40,000 but I soon realized it was much better to sell health insurance as an independent agent and never looked back.

If the intergoogle had existed in 1992 and I would have researched online forums about working at Combined and I would have never taken the position at Combined however because of the training they provided and the chutzpah they expected out of agents after my tenure at Combined selling crappy products ( except the med supp) selling GOOD insurance products on my terms has been a piece of cake .

I rolled almost my complete book of Med Supp clients from Combined and they never came after me - which was a surprise.I had an instant book of business that was fully vested in which helped sustain and grow my agency.I still get some renewals on the Med Supps I rolled from Combined to UCT starting in 1995 but I didn't get one red cent from Combined in renewals when i left as one of their top producer after 3 years.

Paragraphs are your friend. See above how much easier your post is to read compared to your original post.

I started my insurance career with them in 1978. No internet or forums for info, so here it is: I was with them for about 4 years, won the top awards,etc,etc. Yes, they begin to teach you to sell, but the hard way, man. I went door-to-door, store-to-store, upstairs, downstairs, farm-to-farm. There was and is NO salary (only in the newer Worksite Division & that's only for 6 weeks.) Also, the Worksite division is a very slow sales process unless you already have or know small group clientele. It can take weeks & months to open & get paid on those sales.

I'm not really trying to discourage you, but I wish I had known the truth. The truth is that it's very hard, & you really don't make much income, rack up the miles on your car at your expense, & w ork very long hours. It was good for me in many ways, but there are better opportunities out there. I became an Indy after busting my ass for Combined. No regrets.

It's 12 weeks and it has not been a slow process for me to open, enroll and get paid.

Much thanks to those of you who shared information.

*Soul searching* is a phrase some folks in here need to add to their vocabulary. I'm still considering WFG, but I'm keeping my options opened.

I would rather see you at combined than WFG. With combined you will learn, you may not get rich, but no one will taking advantage of you. At WFG, they are taking advantage of you. And who ever offered you 25% is no friend of yours.

I would rather see you at combined than WFG. With combined you will learn, you may not get rich, but no one will taking advantage of you. At WFG, they are taking advantage of you. And who ever offered you 25% is no friend of yours.

MAH, I agree totally with b61mak. However, let me also add that everyone of us to a person discourage you from WFG but you do not hear that type of opinion about a gig with Combined. You may not make a lot of money with Combined but there are two things that I think are important. First, a year at Combined will teach you how to sell. Second, you do not have to work a list of 100 or warm market which is important to you.

Don't get hooked on phonics in an online forum.Just say no.

No phonics for me. Maybe you should learn the definition of phonics. When I see I post like yours, I generally don't read it. Not pleasant to the eyes. That's why I provided you an example of how just a few pushes of the enter button can get your post read more.

Of course, you don't have to do anything I recommend. Just thought I'd offer up some help. Take it or leave it.

I started with them in 1998, when I was 22yrs old. They had people for me to see, current customers, so that part was nice. But you'll never get rich there. I was there for 9 yrs, which was about 8yrs too many. Ran a branch down in Charlotte, Roanoke, and Wilmington. Wish I had done more research before I jumped in, and after several yrs of 50k income, wish I had gotten out much much sooner.

MAH, I agree totally with b61mak. However, let me also add that everyone of us to a person discourage you from WFG but you do not hear that type of opinion about a gig with Combined. You may not make a lot of money with Combined but there are two things that I think are important. First, a year at Combined will teach you how to sell. Second, you do not have to work a list of 100 or warm market which is important to you.
I honestly value the experte of reasonable people who are sharing information to assist me make a decision. That's why I joined and I asked for the opinion. Thank you. Both are really crucial to me as of right now since I don't have neither.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you very much, very true. At the end of the day, I need to look out for me. I was never satisfied with 25%. I knew something better was out there and continued to keep my options opened. Training is important to me. My ultimate goal is to become independent in a year or less. I'm glad everyone pointed out Combined has great training.
I started with them in 1998, when I was 22yrs old. They had people for me to see, current customers, so that part was nice. But you'll never get rich there. I was there for 9 yrs, which was about 8yrs too many. Ran a branch down in Charlotte, Roanoke, and Wilmington. Wish I had done more research before I jumped in, and after several yrs of 50k income, wish I had gotten out much much sooner.
Are their products competitive? She said that their commission is 55% I thought that would make it easy to earn six figure income in the first year :(

I don't know, the person I'm interviewing with Tuesday said I have to get my Health license because I only have Life-Only before they can consider me as a candidate. A lot of people on this forum do P+C, is it better than Life? Are the commission better or there is more market? Also what falls under Property and Casualty?:embarrassed:

Last edited:
Back