Does MDRT Even Matter Anymore?

Wasn't Woody Woodson featured on the back page of the NALU magazine back in the heyday?

I enjoyed reading his articles . . . down to earth, good advice to help the average "Joe" grow their business.

Yes, he was... before Irwin Burt Meisel began to write the back page "Is this about insurance?" column.

You can get a collection of Woody Woodson's articles here:
Amazon product ASIN B000K5XNVS

Agents who want guidance from people who actually make money in insurance and aren’t trying to make money OFF of them should care. Yes you won’t screw them over, but they have you pick you out of a group or 1000 other uplines that will.

Top producers that you meet through MDRT are not incentivized to lie to you like your IMO is.

I will add that many agents that produce at the Top of the Table level do have their own programs to offer: training recordings, paid mentoring groups, coaching, boot camps, etc.

I do believe they are more transparent about what you'll learn and, for the money (and time saved figuring out the subject matter and the art behind them on your own), is a very good value.

I will add that many agents that produce at the Top of the Table level do have their own programs to offer: training recordings, paid mentoring groups, coaching, boot camps, etc.

I do believe they are more transparent about what you'll learn and, for the money (and time saved figuring out the subject matter and the art behind them on your own), is a very good value.

It seems 95% of agents who do very well either get into recruiting , doing paid seminars , boot camps , using you tube to promote others like a talk show they make money off . Pete formiere of IFG has been in the business maybe 3-4 yrs . I almost choked what I saw he charges for mentoring . $25k for a fmo and their group for a day . You also have to pay all his traveling exp’s . He charges $250k a yr to be on retainer for a yr . It’s laughable how these guys are promoting themselves . First get on Facebook and post a ton so your name is out their . Next get a you tube channel . Invite 100’s to subscribe.Over 1-2 yrs with proper hyping you can get to 5-10 k subscribers. Off all your videos you’ll get 5-10 people a month wanting to contract with you . Once your following gets to 20 k plus your selling seminars , boot camps , special groups. Pushing other vendors who are doing seminars and interview them and you make a piece of the sales .

I would not trust these top producers to share much of value in the goods they hawk. I have bought some of it over the years. I have learned more talking to marketers at FMO's that don't even personally produce. Just my opinion.

Agents that work the high net worth markets and are securities licensed.

Well, to be kinda fair, most of the companies that promote NAIFA membership fit in that category.

Even then... the ideas shared (other than NAIFA National events) really aren't quite that good. But I'm spoiled since I've got access to some great mentors, coaches, and speakers. By comparison, the NAIFA events are quite weak.

Well, to be kinda fair, most of the companies that promote NAIFA membership fit in that category.
Maybe now since that is the direction that the group moved. Back in the day, even home service companies promoted membership. Mangers were rewarded for 100% membership among their agents. You had local associations in almost every town of any size... Now there are maybe tow or three associations within a state in many states.

Reactions: DHK
I was just talking with a membership chair in a chapter in Ohio today. He was just telling me that NAIFA National doesn't like any kind of 'joint' collaboration with other associations: FSP or even MDRT. (Maybe it was this attitude that led to the New York NAIFA chapter leadership to leave NAIFA and go to Finseca?)

If NAIFA National would be more open to collaboration, rather than viewing everyone else as 'competition', everybody would win. Plus, it's more emotionally secure.

If it were me, I'd want as many joint collaboration presentations as possible. But if everyone else is competition, you can kill your own association just with small-minded thinking.

Back