• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Door knocking Face to Face in 2024

Txmade99

Expert
Hi guys. I have a question. I know this has probably been talked about ad nauseum, but upon searching this topic, those posts are old. So I have questions about face to face door knocking in 2024 given the climate we are in.

I am trying to decide if I want to do telesales or face to face. I don't mind telesales, I did it for 3 years selling Home, auto and term/whole life for a popular insurance company. Now I'm going independent. My problem is possibly getting bored staying at home doing 300 calls a day or waiting for the phone to ring on incoming calls, don't know if I'm disciplined. I am a social person, and like to go where the action may possibly be instead of waiting. So I'm thinking face to face may be quicker and easier than telesales starting out. Need opinions on that?

However, I've been told that my city (Dallas) is saturated with insurance agents selling. I've been told by one imo that I should consider areas that may be one hour and 30 minutes out from where I'm at. This imo often encourages their team to go out of town alot as they are getting more leads in certain states and cities than others in the county. I also looked at a YouTube video by Doug Massi in which he said the leads are starting to get bad in alot of areas unless you know the holes, spots or rural areas that are in demand, therefore he was saying face to face is becoming dead and he promoted the telesales.

So are any of you that are doing face to face having to go out of town alot or travel an hour or further away? Dallas traffic is brutal coming in and going out, so I don't know if I want to be traveling over an hour and 30 minutes everyday to door knock, if I have an appointment I don't mind. I have to give this imo 10 to 15 zip codes, and give them the money and I don't know what zip codes to start with. But they are telling me it may be best to go a hour or two out. I don't mind some days but don't know if I want the wear and tear everyday on my car. I also don't want to waste money giving them zip codes near me with a bad lead return. So how far are y'all traveling for face to face and is true that certain areas or cities don't have good leads?

Secondly, my next question is how safe is face to face in 2024. I know in the past it has been pretty safe for you guys. But I'm seen alot of incidences in this month alone of mistaken identity, people shooting even kids knocking on their front door. I think it's been three cases alone for the month of May, where someone goes crazy shooting because someone's kicking in their door. That's why I wanted to bring this topic up for 2024.

Sell face to face and make appointments first.

That’s what the top producers do.

As far as DK’ing, it’s no different now than it ever has been.

As for phone sales, don’t talk to the pimps. They are going to tell you all their ho’s are killing it.

Talk to the ho’s. If you can find one.
LoL, yes I already talked to the pimps and they are claiming their killing it over there in telesales and of course how much you can reach people thru phone more vs having 3 appts a day plus no shows face, to face. So are you saying face to face nets better than phone sales overall?

Absolutely

It’s not even close.

Good friend of mine was a terrific face to face producer under FEX

Several years when I wasn’t the number 1 agent with KSKJ he and I battled for second.

He was always CEO level with them.

In addition to several other companies.

Covid sent him to telemarketing.

He got with the supposed top dawg of FE telesales.

And was one of their best. He said he never wrote more business than there in his career.

He also said he never made less money in FE.

He’s back to face to face now.

Last edited:

LoL, yes I already talked to the pimps and they are claiming their killing it over there in telesales and of course how much you can reach people thru phone more vs having 3 appts a day plus no shows face, to face. So are you saying face to face nets better than phone sales overall?
Understand something very crucial . People who overide (Fmo’s , IMO’s) get paid overrides on gross premium not net premium . So all these #’s you read of $20 k a month premium from telesales mean little . I knew a guy that was doing $20k a month with a very well know telesales shop . He told me he was only netting $5 k after big lead costs and chargebacks .We deal with low income uneducated easily manipulated people . To have a chance at a long term career I believe it must be face to face . It’s needed to get loyalty and to get referrals. Telesales works on volume and it’s a transactional sale . All these big #’s Fmo’s throw at you with telesales sound nice .It’s what you net after chargebacks and lead cost . Never forget that fmo is getting his override on your your gross premium not your net profit . All he cares about is your total premium written .

You can give me a call and I’ll look to see how close to home I can give you a good lead territory. All of our agents work face to face. And all of them that do well don’t have to worry too much about wearing out their car. You just buy another nice used one and keep going if you are making great money.
The number is on the FexContracting website as well as the commission levels and several audio recordings of agents that have been with us for years.

Hi guys. I have a question. I know this has probably been talked about ad nauseum, but upon searching this topic, those posts are old. So I have questions about face to face door knocking in 2024 given the climate we are in.

I am trying to decide if I want to do telesales or face to face. I don't mind telesales, I did it for 3 years selling Home, auto and term/whole life for a popular insurance company. Now I'm going independent. My problem is possibly getting bored staying at home doing 300 calls a day or waiting for the phone to ring on incoming calls, don't know if I'm disciplined. I am a social person, and like to go where the action may possibly be instead of waiting. So I'm thinking face to face may be quicker and easier than telesales starting out. Need opinions on that?

However, I've been told that my city (Dallas) is saturated with insurance agents selling. I've been told by one imo that I should consider areas that may be one hour and 30 minutes out from where I'm at. This imo often encourages their team to go out of town alot as they are getting more leads in certain states and cities than others in the county. I also looked at a YouTube video by Doug Massi in which he said the leads are starting to get bad in alot of areas unless you know the holes, spots or rural areas that are in demand, therefore he was saying face to face is becoming dead and he promoted the telesales.

So are any of you that are doing face to face having to go out of town alot or travel an hour or further away? Dallas traffic is brutal coming in and going out, so I don't know if I want to be traveling over an hour and 30 minutes everyday to door knock, if I have an appointment I don't mind. I have to give this imo 10 to 15 zip codes, and give them the money and I don't know what zip codes to start with. But they are telling me it may be best to go a hour or two out. I don't mind some days but don't know if I want the wear and tear everyday on my car. I also don't want to waste money giving them zip codes near me with a bad lead return. So how far are y'all traveling for face to face and is true that certain areas or cities don't have good leads?

Secondly, my next question is how safe is face to face in 2024. I know in the past it has been pretty safe for you guys. But I'm seen alot of incidences in this month alone of mistaken identity, people shooting even kids knocking on their front door. I think it's been three cases alone for the month of May, where someone goes crazy shooting because someone's kicking in their door. That's why I wanted to bring this topic up for 2024.

You need a new fmo ,

Back