Election Night in America

He's really showing that he is just going to be a disaster. He's electing pure idiots to his cabinet positions, his transition team is already corrupt as it includes his kids who are running his business, and his foreign policy is non-existent.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions on that.

Trump will use his presidency to enrich himself. He may be the first President to be impeached. Did anyone want Mike Pence for president?

As others have said, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were both impeached.

As far as Trump using the Presidency to "enrich himself"... I don't see it. First, he's already quite wealthy. Whether it's $3B or $10B... he worked because he wanted to, not because he had to.

Trump will be donating his measly $400k/year presidential salary to charity. Now, if it's the "Trump Foundation"... well, even then, only $400k isn't much.

Let's see - is he beholden to donors to his campaign? No, because he did it himself with his own funds, and small donations to the RNC.

Is he planning a career to become a lobbyist? Not with his 5-point plan to "drain the swamp". He's trying to end that cycle.

Will lowering personal and corporate taxes "enrich himself"? Well, that's debatable if he wasn't paying any taxes before! How would lowering taxes help him if he was legally paying zero? :D

So no, I don't see how this can "enrich himself" other than boosting his ego - which is already large and fragile. If you could give me some kind of example of how being in the presidency would "enrich him" financially, I would appreciate it.

Your [you're] such an ignorant person.

(aka "criminals" as they brake [break] the law

And it doesn't matter whether you think your [you're] right,

And its [it's] not a change you like

America great again! hahaha [Ha...]

Too bad they don't brake [break] out the fire hoses on those protestors.

Is English your first language or are you an immigrant from a non-English speaking country? Just askin'...

He's really showing that he is just going to be a disaster. He's electing pure idiots to his cabinet positions..

First of all cabinet positions are not elected, they are appointed.

Secondly, I have only seen speculation regarding cabinet positions.

Who have you seen as a speculative appointment that is an ***?

Who would be your choice or recommendations for these cabinet posts?

"Die-hard conservatives thought that if I couldn't get everything I asked for, I should jump off the cliff with the flag flying-go down in flames. No, if I can get 70 or 80 percent of what it is I'm trying to get ... I'll take that and then continue to try to get the rest in the future." - Ronald Reagan

I think Trump knows how to get things done and not get hung up on every single detail. Do I care whether Christie or Pence is heading up the transition team? No. Only that it gets done. Do you think THEY care? If they did, they should get over it because it's about the team, not each individual person.

Plus, even though there is a GOP majority, I think that it would behoove Trump to win over the Dems in Congress as well. Trump is not going to be so rigid that if he can't get his way, then he'll stall. He'll figure out a way. That's how BUSINESS PEOPLE operate! Politicians often end up like spoiled (and soiled) babies. That's what we've called "gridlock". I think President Trump will listen and help each side get what they most want out of new legislation.

Yes, I am quite optimistic and hopeful.

DHK, optimism is good but don't let it blind you. I hope Trump is a good president but it is evident you forgot one key component about a businessman and that is there is no loyalty in business. Your only good to me for as long as I can work with you and benefit.

Christie is only behind Trump for what he can get and Trump made him look silly when he didn't pick him for VP and then again when he removed him from heading his transition team. Yet any job in the White House is better than running NJ.

Let's not forget Christie is relatively young and probably will run again in the future. Christie is what I call a real politician and Trump is looking like a true businessman by shuffling him around.

I have a very strong feeling he will do the same with many of the Reps. They are all thinking inauguration will be Christmas day but I think they will be in for a rude awakening. I was surprised about Trump's receptivity to Obama but a piece of me understands it.

When you are competitive like that you kind of respect someone who has the same accomplishments as you (winning an election) and is not afraid to compete against you. (Obama has clashed with Trump since day one even before Hillary or this election).

But those phonies out in Congress in the Rep. Party you can't respect. I wanted to vomit watching Paul Ryan praising Donald Trump's victory and hope Trump plays them the same way they are preparing to play him.

Is English your first language or are you an immigrant from a non-English speaking country? Just askin'...

Unless you're teaching it or editing a book, how does having an English Major matter Shakespeare? In this age of "text speak" who cares? I can't remember when I last saw an indented paragraph.

I didn't write a post using 'racist' nine times. Your friend did. Maybe he will lend you one of his sheets and a hood and you can go to your meeting together. But be careful that the others don't think the two of you are gay... Just sayin'...

nylife....

Is that the same nylife11023 that had emergency surgery to remove a gerbil from his behind last year? LOL :D Can't believe he showed his face again!

DHK, optimism is good but don't let it blind you. I hope Trump is a good president but it is evident you forgot one key component about a businessman and that is there is no loyalty in business. Your only good to me for as long as I can work with you and benefit.

Christie is only behind Trump for what he can get and Trump made him look silly when he didn't pick him for VP and then again when he removed him from heading his transition team. Yet any job in the White House is better than running NJ.

Let's not forget Christie is relatively young and probably will run again in the future. Christie is what I call a real politician and Trump is looking like a true businessman by shuffling him around.

I have a very strong feeling he will do the same with many of the Reps. They are all thinking inauguration will be Christmas day but I think they will be in for a rude awakening. I was surprised about Trump's receptivity to Obama but a piece of me understands it.

When you are competitive like that you kind of respect someone who has the same accomplishments as you (winning an election) and is not afraid to compete against you. (Obama has clashed with Trump since day one even before Hillary or this election).

But those phonies out in Congress in the Rep. Party you can't respect. I wanted to vomit watching Paul Ryan praising Donald Trump's victory and hope Trump plays them the same way they are preparing to play him.

I'd rather have a businessman leading our country than a politician. If they aren't crooks when they get to D.C., they eventually turn. They have to, to play the game. That's why we need term limits.

They say Trump doesn't have any political experience...I think that's a plus.:yes:

----------

nylife....

Is that the same nylife11023 that had emergency surgery to remove a gerbil from his behind last year? LOL :D Can't believe he showed his face again!

He didn't show his face again...he showed his ass again(and it was 2 gerbils, not 1).:twitchy:

That is part of the definition of loyalty. Benefitting can have multiple meanings. Take Newt Gingrich for example. He is a man that will make his opinions and feelings known. He's not a 'yes-man'. Would President Trump benefit from a person like that? Absolutely. Is Gingrich loyal? Absolutely. Otherwise, if all you do is surround yourself with 'yes-men'... then you won't have anyone worth listening to.

Christie has his issues right now. I think Trump is shrewd to let him handle his state for a while, yet also open for his input.

Yes, it is rather comical how open all the GOP reps have been with Trump's victory. But Trump won't necessarily forget, but he will look to "deal".

Overall, I don't think Trump will let 'loyalty' or 'sentimentality' override his judgment.

And exactly how many minority clients do you have? My supposition is ZERO

It depends on how you define clients. Using a strict interpretation of the word, you are correct, I have none.

as you are no longer in the insurance business...

You are correct again. I am not in the insurance business but I deal closely with insurance companies and their products.

Just another failed casualty.

Actually I did OK in the biz, but learned that it was very difficult to earn a "1%-er" income in it, at least while you were young... and insurance agents will be disintermediated by technology so it is foolish for a young person to go into the field.

I applied for, interviewed for, and received a great opportunity to work in the M&A division of a large Wall Street company.

The work is hard and the hours are long, but there is a ton of travel, mostly overseas, which can be fun. There is a lot of stress to the job but the renumeration is quite good... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-146200-is-a-terrible-bonus-for-wall-street/

Where can a young, smart, college grad earn this kind of money, live in Manhattan, and travel the world?

For me life is good. I have a terrific wife (lawyer,) we have a substantial dual income, live in a nice building and have good friends and all of NYC at our doorstep. True we both work long hours and travel (separately) for our jobs, but that's the price we (are willing to) pay for what we have.

You call me a "failed casualty."

It depends on one's perspective... and obviously my perspective is far different from yours. It's all good.

I suspect we'll get another greater than thou pretentious response.

I hope this one fulfilled your prognostication.

Back