Facebook Ads - Pain in the...

FRJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Anybody have a good contact person at FB? I've been trying to run an ad to get leads for life insurance but in their infinite wisdom they keep rejecting my ad because they think that I may be reselling/sharing with a 3rd party. I have no clue as to why they would think this and it is SO frustrating, if FB was a person I think I'd choke the hell out of him. I've e-mailed back asking as to why they have come to this conclusion but I get the same canned response.

What do you mean by "trying to run an ad?"

Is the Facebook page under your business name?

I went to Facebook and searched "life insurance" and came up with several Facebook pages for life insurance agents who don't appear to have any difficulty advertising themselves.

Here's a sample that even opens up a chat feature.

Biltmore Life Insurance

I keep a tally of all of the FB ads which appear in my feed and vow never to do business with them

Anybody have a good contact person at FB? I've been trying to run an ad to get leads for life insurance but in their infinite wisdom they keep rejecting my ad because they think that I may be reselling/sharing with a 3rd party. I have no clue as to why they would think this and it is SO frustrating, if FB was a person I think I'd choke the hell out of him. I've e-mailed back asking as to why they have come to this conclusion but I get the same canned response.
Most of everybody on here has close to 0 knowledge about running fb ads. More, than likely you have something on your account (or you've run prior ads) that make it seem like you sell data. This happened to me and i had to make a new fb account and everything was fine.

The Zuckster probably senses that you're a Conservative. I'd love to watch you choke that smug SOB. :yes:

They don't want any competition on sharing/reselling to 3rd parties. :no:

I keep a tally of all of the FB ads which appear in my feed and vow never to do business with them

Why?

Is a Facebook ad more annoying than somebody calling up and using gimmicks and euphemisms to try and sell life insurance?

Now that I think about it, I would prefer looking at Facebook ads because it would be my choice who to deal with.

OTH if somebody called me up and said "Hi, I'm selling life insurance, do you want to buy some?" I'd give him/her a shot for the honesty.

I view FB ads in the same category as spam and unsolicited calls. I understand marketing and sales and how economies work but I get fed up with the continuous blast of bs advertising that invades my space at every moment of every day. I don't answer my cell phone much unless I recognize the number. I want to hear from my friends and family, see and read what they are up to, and be done with it. I don't need much advertising because I can and do google and call if and when I need information

Go to the Facebook Ads business manager and create a new business. Then create a new ads account under that business. Then create your ad within that ads account.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever ran Facebook ads before or done any training on Facebook ads? Paid digital advertising is the quickest way to burn money in digital marketing.

Back