• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

FE Leads in Tennessee

Greg you dang well know few few people get ultimate preferred or super preferred. Your deceiving people. Just like when SL agents go in house quoting those rates and then coming back with a different much higher rate. "Sorry Miss Ellen you got the preferred rate instead of super preferred but the good news is your premium won't go up you'll just get a little less coverage" Bait and switch. Anything to get the sale . Its funny i replace 3-5 SL a month and i never see those rates. Maybe others on the board can chime in and comment if they see these rates in the field. Greg your nothing but a hyping recruiter . If that were the case we'd all have SL in our bag at 120% for competitive times.

Ultimate preferred is tougher to qualify for. Super-preferred not too tough to qualify for.

As quoted by billyb in another thread: I just got a recruiting flyer from SL and it invited me to a meeting that is going to be held locally. It gave a quote for a $10,000 policy on a 65F being $38.12 monthly. She is insulin dependent, has HBP, high cholesterol, depression and has asthma. This is the super-preferred rate. As you can see super-preferred is a lot easier to qualify for than what the ill informed DonP up above is posting.

We also use an app that's been downloaded to an ipad so we don't make mistakes.
On this app on the ipad, referred to as SLICE, we go over the health questions, type in the meds, etc. and SLICE lets the agent know if Ms. Jones is super-preferred, preferred, standard, MDB, GI, etc.That way the agent doesn't make a mistake and have to go back to Ms. Jones with a higher premium than what was quoted by the ill informed DonP above.

The only time an agent would have to go back to Ms. Jones with a higher premium than what was quoted is because the script check picked up something she didn't disclose to the agent (either accidentally or deliberately). There is no MIB on $20k or less face amounts.

It's interesting to watch people up here post about things they don't know the facts about.

Hope this makes things clearer to see.

Does the agent have the option as to what class rating they git, if qualified?

If I understand your question correctly, the agent does give Ms. Jones the best plan that the SLICE app shows she qualifies for. The agent also has incentive to give Ms. Jones the best plan that SLICE shows she qualifies for. That's because super-preferred and preferred has the best commission %, followed by standard, followed by MDB, followed by GI.

If I understand your question correctly, the agent does give Ms. Jones the best plan that the SLICE app shows she qualifies for. The agent also has incentive to give Ms. Jones the best plan that SLICE shows she qualifies for. That's because super-preferred and preferred has the best commission %, followed by standard, followed by MDB, followed by GI.

Thanks.

So assuming I submit at standard and she qualified as P+ the company issues her P+?

That works. Same with most fully underwritten.

Thanks.

So assuming I submit at standard and she qualified as P+ the company issues her P+?

That works. Same with most fully underwritten.

Not quite. The best plan that Ms. Jones qualifies for is shown on the SLICE app on the ipad. There's no guess work on the part of the agent. The agent is comfortable he/she will be paid that night as all the underwriting is handled by SLICE.

And since the best plans pay the best commissions the agents always show Ms. Jones the best plan that SLICE shows she qualifies for. It's impossible for Ms. Jones to qualify for a better plan than what the agent quotes her.

Greg you've been sitting here for a long time beating up co's like Trans saying there underwriting was too aggressive . Yet all of a sudden SL who had the worst rates in the land is giving out Super preferred like candy which is among the cheapest with super high commissions ? You keep quoting these 120% commissions. How many agent get that ?5% ?I say your a recruiter. Also what is the maintain 65% persistency to get your renewals ? Once an agent leaves how do you measure persistency to get their renewals?Once SL always SL. I assure you if i talked to a real agent who left SL recently i'll get a completely different story on the true underwriting, real comp and most of all him getting screwed on his renewals .

Greg you've been sitting here for a long time beating up co's like Trans saying there underwriting was too aggressive . Yet all of a sudden SL who had the worst rates in the land is giving out Super preferred like candy which is among the cheapest with super high commissions ? You keep quoting these 120% commissions. How many agent get that ?5% ?I say your a recruiter. Also what is the maintain 65% persistency to get your renewals ? Once an agent leaves how do you measure persistency to get their renewals?Once SL always SL. I assure you if i talked to a real agent who left SL recently i'll get a completely different story on the true underwriting, real comp and most of all him getting screwed on his renewals .

Gee DonP why the anger? They're several FE carriers and they all have their strong points and weak points.

Trans being aggressive: They give immediate coverage for COPD.

SL's rates haven't changed, they're the same as 10 years ago.

120% is based on production. You obviously aren't successful enough to qualify. When a manager cosigns for an agent to get 25 fresh exclusive leads each week, and cosigns for charge backs, well......that agent doesn't deserve 120%. Just like an agent getting free fresh leads doesn't deserve 120%.

Yes I recruit.

65% 13 month persistency requirement is not that difficult to achieve. I believe it's there as a protection mechanism to protect SL from agents that like to roll business from carrier to carrier so they can keep getting a new advance from the next carrier. Are you saying your 13 month persistency is not even 65% because you roll business whenever you get a chance?

If an agent leaves SL there is no persisitency requirement to keep getting your renewals.

Most of the agents who leave SL, like it is with most carriers, leave because they can't sell. When agents can sell, and sell well, they don't usually have a reason to leave. Most of the agents I interview are usually failures from their previous carrier. That's true across the FE industry.

If an agent leaves SL and is not getting their unadvanced commissions or renewals it's because they're paying off that agent's debt first.

Why are you so mad? And why do you keep posting incorrect info? You sound so bitter. Losers talk one way and winners talk another. Care to guess which one you sound like?

To be honest almost all the SL agents and policy's i've run into have been clean sheeted and dishonest agents. That comes from the training . Agents are taught to recruit and churn and burn . Your wasting your time recruiting on here . You need to find newbies that have no knowledge or exp so you can sell them the koolaide . Most of my contracts are 130-135%. I bet your not even at 135%. lol

Gee DonP why the anger? They're several FE carriers and they all have their strong points and weak points.

Trans being aggressive: They give immediate coverage for COPD.

SL's rates haven't changed, they're the same as 10 years ago.

120% is based on production. You obviously aren't successful enough to qualify. When a manager cosigns for an agent to get 25 fresh exclusive leads each week, and cosigns for charge backs, well......that agent doesn't deserve 120%. Just like an agent getting free fresh leads doesn't deserve 120%.

Yes I recruit.

65% 13 month persistency requirement is not that difficult to achieve. I believe it's there as a protection mechanism to protect SL from agents that like to roll business from carrier to carrier so they can keep getting a new advance from the next carrier. Are you saying your 13 month persistency is not even 65% because you roll business whenever you get a chance?

If an agent leaves SL there is no persisitency requirement to keep getting your renewals.

Most of the agents who leave SL, like it is with most carriers, leave because they can't sell. When agents can sell, and sell well, they don't usually have a reason to leave. Most of the agents I interview are usually failures from their previous carrier. That's true across the FE industry.

If an agent leaves SL and is not getting their unadvanced commissions or renewals it's because they're paying off that agent's debt first.

Why are you so mad? And why do you keep posting incorrect info? You sound so bitter. Losers talk one way and winners talk another. Care to guess which one you sound like?

I agree that 65% is a low bar. And if an agent is not doing better than that he doesn’t need to worry about his renewals anyway because his chargebacks are going to eat those all up. I wouldn’t see that is a problem.

but I have a question for you Greg. You’ve mentioned several times that if you are financing an agent’s direct mail leads he doesn’t deserve to start at 120%. But is that his choice? Does he have the option to pay for his own direct mail leads when he takes them and have 120% commission levels starting out? If it’s the agents choice I see those has great options. But if he doesn’t have the option of taking the higher commission and paying for his own leads upfront then it seems like your program would only attract financially struggling agents who want to be in debt for their leads. That doesn’t seem wise to me for the agent or the up line.

Back