FE Objection : I Am Moving to the United Kingdom & this is Covered Over There

She was sure it was covered, no doubt in her mind. Which makes me wonder why these people fill out a request like a few days earlier, then have it all figured out.

I had objection, "I am moving to the United Kingdom and final expenses are covered over there".

I have no idea what they cover and don't cover over there. This person was american but said they were moving because it is cheaper to live over there.

I would be suprised if people can move over there and have these costs covered, but I really don't know.

How would you handle this objection ?

Thanks!

I've thought about this a little bit and realized that this wasn't an objection, but a BS excuse to cover the fact she thought it was FREE!

In circumstances like yours at the door, I attempt to pivot along another line of questioning to figure out if there is an inherent NEED for coverage; I'll ask about existing coverage (maybe I can replace), or ask questions to figure out if there is a need to cover non-funeral related expenses.

If there's no need? Next! Plenty of other people to talk to that have a need.

She had those e64 sugar plumbs dancing in her head...she wants free from usa or uk, either way, she ain't pain for it...next

Print the info from the uk.gov website and mail it to her with your card...

In circumstances like yours at the door, I attempt to pivot along another line of questioning to figure out if there is an inherent NEED for coverage; I'll ask about existing coverage (maybe I can replace), or ask questions to figure out if there is a need to cover non-funeral related expenses.

Do you do this at the door ?

That is where we were standing. I was going to wait to get inside. But then again, why not qualify on the spot.

Looking back, when she asked about price, I think I should have asked if she had 5 minutes so I can go over that with her.

I have always been big on qualifying for need with LTC, and just coming in for 5 minutes goes against my normal qualifying for need. I think I have to adjust my thinking as this sale is different.

If there's no need? Next! Plenty of other people to talk to that have a need.

Also, qualifying for a budget. I had one couple let me in and talk for a while, then tell me they thought this was free and they have no money and skip food at times.

Asked what hapenns if they die with no family or nothing in place. (they weren't married).

Makes me wonder, who did they think I was ?

I guess they are used to getting government freebies from insurance agents ?

:err:

----------

Print the info from the uk.gov website and mail it to her with your card...

I couldn't tell what they do in the UK from that site. It looks like you have to be on some form of government assistance like a pension or welfare. I didn't see the qualifications. I doubt she would be able to get that.

She seems convinced there is free health care and more over there for americans that want to move.

:no:

Last edited:
Do you do this at the door ?

That is where we were standing. I was going to wait to get inside. But then again, why not qualify on the spot.

Looking back, when she asked about price, I think I should have asked if she had 5 minutes so I can go over that with her.

I have always been big on qualifying for need with LTC, and just coming in for 5 minutes goes against my normal qualifying for need. I think I have to adjust my thinking as this sale is different.

Also, qualifying for a budget. I had one couple let me in and talk for a while, then tell me they thought this was free and they have no money and skip food at times.

Asked what hapenns if they die with no family or nothing in place. (they weren't married).

Makes me wonder, who did they think I was ?

I guess they are used to getting government freebies from insurance agents ?

:err:

I had a fellow Thurs at an appointment that kept saying he didn't know the government provided free funerals up to $35,000 and was pissed that he was just finding out about it.

I told him that the government did not pay for them, that I was not with the government and the card said specifically on it that it was not affliliated with the government in any way.

Even after going through that and he agreed to proceed and we got to the monthly payment he wanted to know if they were going to use the $104.90 the government was talking out of his check to pay for the life insurance.

I had to go back over the stuff already said to him that this had nothing to do with the goverment. he said, "well damn, how come I don't qualify for that?".

I left there and I'm sure he still thinks it's a government program that he just can't get.:yes:

I left there and I'm sure he still thinks it's a government program that he just can't get.:yes:

That is interesting. I guess there are some people that just are holding on to a belief and/or have heard conflicting things are confused.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell what they do in the UK from that site. It looks like you have to be on some form of government assistance like a pension or welfare. I didn't see the qualifications. I doubt she would be able to get that.

She seems convinced there is free health care and more over there for americans that want to move.

:no:
Halfway down that page is the link

"You can apply for a*Funeral Payment*if you have difficulty paying for the funeral."

Click it

FWIW... I have had BS excuses like that in the past and whenever my BS meter gets pegged I act SOOOOOPER interested in their excuse and ask a ton of questions. WOW! the UK huh? That sounds like a great adventure! What city are you moving to? Do you have relatives there? What are their names? Good for you! I don't see a moving truck, when are you moving? Do you speak British???? And the big question is....what was it about the card that you wanted more information on? 9 times out of 10 it's just another excuse. If they admit finally that they would LIKE to move to the UK someday, they will come up with another excuse. At that point you can help them along with it and say "its about the money, isn't it"?

FWIW... I have had BS excuses like that in the past and whenever my BS meter gets pegged I act SOOOOOPER interested in their excuse and ask a ton of questions. WOW! the UK huh? That sounds like a great adventure! What city are you moving to? Do you have relatives there? What are their names? Good for you! I don't see a moving truck, when are you moving? Do you speak British????

I agree with this. That is what I did. Didn't seem to help much.

And the big question is....what was it about the card that you wanted more information on? 9 times out of 10 it's just another excuse. If they admit finally that they would LIKE to move to the UK someday, they will come up with another excuse.

This was her. No immediate plans. But was convinced it was better there for someone like her.

At that point you can help them along with it and say "its about the money, isn't it"?

She said she was only curious about how much my plan would cost. These are tough when they stick with it was just a curiousity.

I think I should have asked if she had a few minutes and I could go over that with her. Then I could have tried to build on the need once inside. Not a final expense guy, but this is what I would do next time.

1/3rd of Americans are now on Welfare

Some Will
Some Won't
So What
Someones Next

Buy more leads

Back