Final Expense Direct

I have had a LOT of agent call this week wanting to come on board at FEX for telesales. Way more than normal.
I’ve been sending them to Jeff Root which I have for years but also added Dave DuFord. And the ones that want to just have a contract and “already know what they are doing” I also include Todd King.
Those are the people that I know that will contract you for telesales and be fair with you, not rip you off and will release you if you want to leave.
I’m sure there are others, but I know these guys personally.
I appreciate this.

Do telesales agents handle all geographical areas? Does that mean you have to get licensed in every state? That sounds like a pain in the ass. I've never done FE telesales, but I replace those policies every time I'm in the field. If I were going into telesales, I'd want to focus on areas without a lot of experienced face-face agents. Maybe rural is better for that. I dunno. If I get into a home that recently bought something over the phone, it's getting replaced and that telesales agent is never going to save it.

Do telesales agents handle all geographical areas? Does that mean you have to get licensed in every state? That sounds like a pain in the ass. I've never done FE telesales, but I replace those policies every time I'm in the field. If I were going into telesales, I'd want to focus on areas without a lot of experienced face-face agents. Maybe rural is better for that. I dunno. If I get into a home that recently bought something over the phone, it's getting replaced and that telesales agent is never going to save it.
Are you replacing based on price or the fact they bought over the phone?

Both?

Btw, the licensing is very easy and its mostly rural areas.

Price. No phone-sold policy is going to be priced that well. Maybe if they're a smoker. Only one that really stumped me a few years ago was a woman who had bought a Prosperity policy on the phone a week ago and picked up her first script for Donepezil the day I got there.

Price. No phone-sold policy is going to be priced that well. Maybe if they're a smoker. Only one that really stumped me a few years ago was a woman who had bought a Prosperity policy on the phone a week ago and picked up her first script for Donepezil the day I got there.
You're right about price.

Funny timing on Donepezil, haha, she caught a break.

Which carriers do you like to write? Just curious. Thanks.

Are you replacing based on price or the fact they bought over the phone?

Both?

Btw, the licensing is very easy and its mostly rural areas.
Telesold policies are the easiest replacements we run across. Not just price although that's a given that most of the telesales friendly companies are overpriced.

But it being sold over the phone is the biggest wedge. Most say "I don't know why I did that". It's an easy response, "I know, many have done that. We will get this fixed and don't give your SS number and banking info out to anyone again that you don't know or you didn't initiate the call".

I love telesales. I wish telesales agents the best of luck. I just wish they sold more in western Ky.

I write whichever company is going to win me the deal, depending the person's health, payment method, budget and whatever it takes to beat what they have AND keep my policy on the books. I won't work in a state where I don't have a price buster company. And it's a lot easier to illustrate stuff in person than on the phone. "Mildred, I can replace what you have with first day coverage, so you have no gap in coverage. For the exact same coverage amount, I can save you $20/mo forever and you will get $500 cash back. Or for the same payment, I can get you $3k more coverage and still $500 back.

And no telesales agent is going to be able to do service work when a customer needs help with a surrender form or death claim or whatever. And I rarely go do service work and don't come out of the home with another application. Some phone agent replaced two of my policies recently that I had written last September. I DK'ed them on Tues en route to another appt, free looked the new policies and got the woman $3k more coverage for the higher premium she was already paying. That telesales agent has a nice $110/mo chargeback coming."

Telesold policies are the easiest replacements we run across. Not just price although that's a given that most of the telesales friendly companies are overpriced.

But it being sold over the phone is the biggest wedge. Most say "I don't know why I did that". It's an easy response, "I know, many have done that. We will get this fixed and don't give your SS number and banking info out to anyone again that you don't know or you didn't initiate the call".

I love telesales. I wish telesales agents the best of luck. I just wish they sold more in western Ky.
I'm beginning to wonder--maybe realize--the best way to do this business is F2F, buying leads.

I've never done it any other way, so I don't know. But I make more $$ than I ever have, work far fewer hours and answer to no one. I went out two days this week and made more than I ever made in a month at a previous job. And I wasn't poor then.

I'm beginning to wonder--maybe realize--the best way to do this business is F2F, buying leads.
You're going to buy leads either way. Many insurance products are sold by phone very successfully and have been for years. Med sups especially. I even sold my share of term by phone. .

I buy quite a bit by phone and internet. But I initiate those purchases.

The FE market is just different. You can't explain it to someone that doesn't work it. You don't need to explain it to someone that does work it.

Back