• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Final Expense dress code

I have heard it said that you have to dress to the crowd that you are presenting.

The person who told me this has several contracts under me and is very successful on the FE side. I am not out to change what he is doing, because it works.

I personally deal with large case design, ILIT's, buy-sells, Estate Preservation, business 401K's, and annuities. So the crowd I am with generally appreciate a more professional look.

On the flip side I have several large farmers, being here in Arkansas that is inevitable, who like for me to dress more casual; which for me means I just remove my tie.

I believe that if an agent is going to sell FE, he should dress appropriately, i.e., similar to a funeral director----black suit, black shoes, black socks, black tie, and white shirt. That way the agent is reflecting the somber tone of the product.:biggrin:

I have heard it said that you have to dress to the crowd that you are presenting.

I agree. When I working with motorcycle groups, then I wear blue jeans. I would look stupid in a suit and tie. If I'm working with business owners, I wear a suit and tie.

Most of the time, I'm kind of in the middle. I wear a Polo Shirt and khakis.

I haven't done FE to the masses in a long time, but when I did:

Anything but bluejeans.

Slacks or khakis... PRESSED.

Button down shirts.... PRESSED. Having your shirts done at a cleaner is a good INVESTMENT. You look sharper and it's a better job than anyone can do on the ironing board. I have my shirts done and where them twice except on the hottest summer days when I've been in the field all day. A quick tune up at the ironing board, a spray with Frabreeze, and inspection for soiling... YOUR GOLDEN.

When making home calls I never wore a polo shirt to the first meeting if I could help it. For existing clients (med sups) I've done appointments in everything from Blue Jeans to shirt tie. I have an office in a rural small town. Clients come and go often. They've seen me dressed to the nines and down to Blue Jeans, colored tee, and sweater.

Button down shirts.... PRESSED. Having your shirts done at a cleaner is a good INVESTMENT. You look sharper and it's a better job than anyone can do on the ironing board. I have my shirts done and where them twice except on the hottest summer days when I've been in the field all day. A quick tune up at the ironing board, a spray with Frabreeze, and inspection for soiling... YOUR GOLDEN.
quote]

You need a different wife or girlfriend to iron your shirts! I divorced of my wife because she did a lousy ironing job on my shirts. I also dumped several significant others who couldn't do a decent job on my shirts.

P.S. I hope that you wear your shirts. BTW, it's Febreze.

Last edited:
I think it is more important what comes out of your mouth, then what you have on.

You can be dress well and still not make the sale. You can be in blue jeans and still make tons of sales.

What you wear can help you, but worry more about what you are going to say and do, then what you have on.

Be friendly, smile, and try to help the clients.

I think it is more important what comes out of your mouth, then what you have on.

You can be dress well and still not make the sale. You can be in blue jeans and still make tons of sales.

What you wear can help you, but worry more about what you are going to say and do, then what you have on.

Be friendly, smile, and try to help the clients.

Yes, I carry breath mints, too.:laugh:

quote]

You need a different wife or girlfriend to iron your shirts! I divorced of my wife because she did a lousy ironing job on my shirts. I've also been dumped by several significant others who couldn't do a decent job on my shirts. I'm a lonely asshole, lazy dolt, and can't iron for crap, but I damn sure like to bully wimmens around expecting them to do what I won't.

P.S. I hope that you wear your shirts. BTW, it's Febreze.

And yes, I wear my shirts. I was on the phone when I typed that. ADD has it's flaws.

Back