Final Expense Training Part 3 of 12

My advice would be to:

1 order direct mail leads (new, not aged)

2. Order and work telemarketed leads for 1st 3-weeks while waiting on mail replies.

3. Don't forget to keep ordering mail during weeks 2 and 3 (many fail to do this and creates a roller coaster of activity.

4. When mail replies come in, Call and set appointments using your exact script and training that up line has taught you. (If no decent up line, wing it)

5. Run your set appointment 1st (These are the cherries)

6. Door knock all the leads that did not answer or did not set appointments when you called them. (These are potential sales too)

Repeat every week. Keep leads coming every week is key.

I think Doug was talking about apt setting. Highly doubt he sees a problem with ordering Tele leads while you're waiting 4 weeks to get your DM back. Can't door knock the lead card until you get it back ;)

Actually, this is where you and I differ a little bit.

If the agent has PLENTY of cash flow then by all means, make appointments and door knock in between.

If the money is tight, I don't even recommend making any calls until the funds build up and I don't recommend using TM leads.

The money was an issue for the wife and me so we door knocked for almost the entire first year. If we hadn't done this, I might not be successful today.

My theory is that a baby should crawl, then walk, then run, then run marathons...lol

Actually, this is where you and I differ a little bit.

If the agent has PLENTY of cash flow then by all means, make appointments and door knock in between.

If the money is tight, I don't even recommend making any calls until the funds build up and I don't recommend using TM leads.

The money was an issue for the wife and me so we door knocked for almost the entire first year. If we hadn't done this, I might not be successful today.

My theory is that a baby should crawl, then walk, then run, then run marathons...lol

I agree with door knocking! I'm just referring to an agent waiting on their first set of leads. Getting 20 to 30 Tele leads and knocking them can help get over the learning curve and start some income. Also they get to "suck" on cheaper leads.

Waiting for DM to hit for a new agent can be stressful. Thank god for TM leads for me. It was instant action. You can be in the game within three days vs. 4 weeks.
Making calls, setting appointments and presenting in the home etc. All good practice before your DM hits.

The question seems to stem from this portion of the OP:

What's your suggestion for a new agent until the DM's arrive? I would think TM would be a good bridge. Unless, you're suggesting, as Todd is asking, to cold DK working off a data list?

My suggestion is buy 50-100 b/aged leads and door knock them while waiting on fresh mail to come in. You will learn a few things and get some rookie mistakes out of the way. This will be valuable because you won't waste as many new leads.

My suggestion is buy 50-100 b/aged leads and door knock them while waiting on fresh mail to come in. You will learn a few things and get some rookie mistakes out of the way. This will be valuable because you won't waste as many new leads.

RGI resells their leads for a good deal.

RGI resells their leads for a good deal.

You are confusing the ability to buy aged leads that have never been sold before to an agent and reselling leads. We can absolutely buy aged leads that have never been sold to an agent, which are in very limited supply, but we have zero access to purchasing leads that have already been sold.

Back