• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Foresters: Final Expense

I'm trying to get information on FORESTERS, its FE product.

How they compare with other companies in pricing, benefits, underwriting complexity, agent support and other conveniences or ...inconveniences.

A comparison with RNA could be helpful.

I'm trying to get information on FORESTERS, its FE product.

How they compare with other companies in pricing, benefits, underwriting complexity, agent support and other conveniences or ...inconveniences.

A comparison with RNA could be helpful.

They are higher priced than most FE companies, especially RNA. They are very difficult to work with and their underwriting is very strict with a separate questionaire for everything under the sun.

We used to joke about it and ask agents if they got the Foresters hangnail questionaire filled out.

They are not a company that knows anything about FE. They are a term, UL company that is trying to fit into a popular niche right now by rolling out a supposed FE product.

They are higher priced than most FE companies, especially RNA. They are very difficult to work with and their underwriting is very strict with a separate questionaire for everything under the sun.

We used to joke about it and ask agents if they got the Foresters hangnail questionaire filled out.

They are not a company that knows anything about FE. They are a term, UL company that is trying to fit into a popular niche right now by rolling out a supposed FE product.

Other than that JD... you think they are great, right...? :D

What does everyone think about their BIGUL product?

I never wrote their UL, but, most other agents bragged about it and really liked some of the bells and whistles it has.

Foresters is a fraternal company and issues certificates, not policies. That's not an issue to me, but, I know you have stated in the past that it an issue for you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other than that JD... you think they are great, right...? :D

I wrote a fair amount of their term. Their niche was female smokers. They always seemed to have the best rates in that market. They were also liberal on allowing pipe and cigar and pot smokers plus smokeless tobacco users to be written as non tobacco. They didn't carry that policy over to their FE.

Another thing they do is chargeback 100% for lapses, cancellations, deaths, etc. in the first 6 months on all products. Even if paid "as earned" as I am. I that person cancels after 5 months, my commission that I "earned" is no longer earned and they will charge back. There are too many companies out there that don't do business that way to have to do business with one that does.

Last edited:
That "charge back" feature sounds king of awful. I'm trying to stay away also of too complicated underwriting or other carrier's "difficulties"

I believe with RNA, American Amicable,UHL in the bag I'm OK.

Talking about Term, do Foresters has something like AmAm's Easy Term with Return of Premium?

What does everyone think about their BIGUL product?

I am a fan of the BIGUL product. The lapse protection is fantastic, and matched by few others. Couldn't tell you much about their FE product.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That "charge back" feature sounds king of awful. I'm trying to stay away also of too complicated underwriting or other carrier's "difficulties"

I believe with RNA, American Amicable,UHL in the bag I'm OK.

Talking about Term, do Foresters has something like AmAm's Easy Term with Return of Premium?

If you're looking for an easy Term, you're in the wrong place. Forester has a 2 year minimum conversion period of the term before it is considered out of chargeback.

If you want a simple term with ROP, try Assurity or Fidelity.

Last edited:
Back