Goodbye Captive, Going Independent

KINGBICHO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I been captive for over 6 years dealing with company politics and worthless management staff. I took a risk and resigned from a captive company at the end of last year. I just signed up to work for an agency that provides leads thru their internet marketing. They specialize in health insurance with the option of selling combo products along with health. This is an independent position and I am very excited but afraid at the same time that I might not make it. Any advice from anyone that has experienced a similar situation? Thans in advance. :)

No advice but good luck. Most of all have faith in your ability and never give up.

Congrats on your decision! This forum is full of advice if you search for the write topic. Agree with xrac...time + energy = success!

Well it all depends which company you worked for?? Then I can give you an educated advise.

I'm sure you'll take the skills you've learned by being captive and do well in the indy world. I didn't like the office politics so I bolted earlier than I maybe should have, but looking back I'm glad I made that move. Good luck.

Thanks for everyones advice. I just started working for an agency that specializes in health insurance. Basically they have a dialer that provides leads in clients interested in health. Be on the phones all day Monday 8-8 to set appts for rest of week. Once in an appt, try to do combo like CI, Dental, Life and Accident. Not bad so far. If successful I will mention it at a later date. Commissions are fair if they are giving you leads to call. Plus if you leave, the clients are yours to keep. No fee so far other than purchasing my own E&O Ins. I have big dreams so my goals are set, lets get this Indy career going.:yes:

Thanks for everyones advice. I just started working for an agency that specializes in health insurance. Basically they have a dialer that provides leads in clients interested in health. Be on the phones all day Monday 8-8 to set appts for rest of week. Once in an appt, try to do combo like CI, Dental, Life and Accident. Not bad so far. If successful I will mention it at a later date. Commissions are fair if they are giving you leads to call. Plus if you leave, the clients are yours to keep. No fee so far other than purchasing my own E&O Ins. I have big dreams so my goals are set, lets get this Indy career going.:yes:

I'm not sure this opportunity is "independent."

Good luck to you! I hope it works out.

Back